If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the below position:
The Clinical Officer is responsible for providing HIV/TB and related treatment service at supported sites as a member of the clinical team. The Clinical Officer will ensure that optimal standard of care is achieved in line with National guidelines, client satisfaction and good clinical outcomes.
- Management and coordination of HIV/TB Clinic activities
- Assist and work together to support all the CCC activities with the clinical officer and other team members.
- Ensure proper patient management of HIV/TB is done in line with National guidelines
- Provide adherence counseling and implementation of clinical aspects of Positive Health Dignity and Prevention program (PHDP) to clients attending the clinic
- Ensure that the optimal standard of care is achieved by establishing and maintaining the use of nationally approved clinical guidelines and protocols and with the help of the care manager, updating ones’ knowledge of HIV/AIDs management using evidence-based practice
- Counsel clients on compliance to treatment
- Provide information, education and communication to clients and their families in the clinic through support groups, health talks and educational materials
- Ensure the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Ensure integration of HIV services in OPD, MCH, inpatient and other outpatient clinics.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings (MDTs) to discuss complicated cases.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives to improve service delivery and patient level outcomes
- Participate and contribute to capacity building of clinical and other staff through CMEs, mentorship, sensitization and updates
- Mentor and supervise other health care professionals to assist in provision of HIV care.
- Ensure complete documentation in various HIV care related tools as recommended
- Provide regular feedback to care staff/ facility management on work related concerns
- Conduct any other duty as may be prescribed by the supervisor
For appointment to the post of Clinical Officer, a candidate must;
- Have a Basic Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery from Kenya Medical Training College or any recognizes institution
- Have a valid License from the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya
- At least 2 years’ work experience in busy Comprehensive Care Clinic (CCC) or MCH
- Experience working with MOH/County systems and personnel will be an added advantage
- Experience working in PEPFAR funded projects is an added advantage
- Should be self-motivated
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Provide information, education and communication to clients and their families in the clinic through support groups, health talks and educational materials like pamphlets
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Successful candidates will be supervised by their respective hospital/facility health management team (HMT) from the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the CHS Program team.
Method of Application
Applications should include the following
- Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts of at least 3 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Photocopy of ID
- Testimonials/ Recommendation
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to email@example.com on or before Friday, January 18, 2019. Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.