Are you insatiably curious? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation?
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open-source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
We are looking for Academic Cloud Advocates who will be instrumental in building a large and vibrant educator and student developer community through mentorship in collaboration with Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors and Imagine Cup programs.
You’ll also be empowered to create amazing, authentic demos/content on a broad range of technologies, provide and generate robust engineering feedback around Azure and developer tooling utilized by Academic Developers and build interactive workshops with Microsoft Learn. Join us as we inspire and earn the hearts and minds of developers broadly
As an Academic Cloud Advocate in Student Developer Programs, the core impact of this role is engaging and growing our university engagement through our educators and students, Microsoft Learn Ambassadors programs, Imagine Cup competition, hackathons, and workshops on campus plus online skilling with Microsoft Learn.
Content Delivery, Experience, and Strategy
- Deliver content for a feature or limited set of features or educator and student scenarios. Works with senior colleagues to understand how their work fits into the bigger picture. Gather content requirements from others to effectively deliver content. Contribute to the content curation process by assisting with defining content themes within specific products. Combine product business metrics to assess impact of work and optimize content. Build knowledge of and ensure content experiences adhere to guidelines/standards/values (e.g., accessibility, inclusive content, Microsoft brand guidelines, compliance, search engine optimization).
- Follow guidelines and standards to develop relevant, technically accurate content designed for a specific product/content/feature area as assigned by a senior team member. Collaborates with team members to understand products/content areas/features and problems to author optimal content. Builds a foundational understanding of in-product content.
- Receive feedback from a senior team member and incorporate changes into content for an assigned area and/or for possible inclusion in a portfolio. Uses appropriate tools to move content to publication after review is complete for a particular area as assigned, where applicable. Works with stakeholders to assess shipped content for potential improvements. Assist in testing and building educator and student scenarios.
Driving Business Impact and Continuous Improvement
- Ensure content curated across assigned areas is updated in a timely manner to reflect trending topics and information relevant to the audience. Monitor data sources, competitors, social media, and other relevant content sites to assist with the curation of content across canvasses. May report on content performance to stakeholders. Uses tools (e.g., dashboards, algorithms) to augment the content publishing process as appropriate. Provide input on product strategy and complexity for production and capacity planning. Ensures that size and scope of intended audience for content is understood, and that a plan is followed to reach that audience. Assess and ensure content quality to drive business impact. Execute global plans locally. Supports "item flighting" of features to sample with a small proportion of the users.
Partner Engagement (Internal or External educators and students)
- Engage with existing educators, students and stakeholders to equip them with the correct information and meet their expectations. Consistently works to meet or exceed audience and partner expectations and provide a positive experience. Resolves partner or audience problems within their job scope (e.g., corrects errors in editorial programming) highlighted by audience/partner feedback. Gather audience and customer feedback and data relating to content and features and integrates or makes recommendations on how to integrate this feedback into programming. May educate partners and/or stakeholders on product changes or updates. Supports local opportunities with lead generation or monetization partners.
- Engage with students and educators to address customer feedback. Strives to make content customer focused by facilitating information sharing and incorporating changes from educators and student’s feedback. Engages with educator and student’s communities to provide support and expertise (e.g., blog posts, social posts, conversations, speaking at events).
- Build relationships with key influencer faculty, foster a healthy and vibrant technical community, and collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with engineering.
- Scale your efforts by partnering with the Microsoft field, developers and academic community programs like Microsoft Learn Educator Ambassadors, Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors, Microsoft MVPs
- Recruit and mentor Student Developers in your geographic region and mentor them through the Microsoft Learn Ambassadors, Imagine Cup, and hackathon events.
- Focus on Microsoft products and services within AI/ ML, and Data Science.
- Network and build relationships with the students and educators and earn their trust and respect for Microsoft technologies.
- Learn and understand the current state of content experiences in one's area of expertise, including knowledge of tools, techniques, strategies, and processes that can be utilized to improve process efficiency and performance. Maintains knowledge of current trends within the discipline. Stays updated on industry and competitive trends and adjusts the content strategy as needed. Share knowledge and best practices within teams and projects.
- Assume accountability for reporting out and clearly communicating on status. Collaborate with team members to enhance customer and content experiences. Align with expectations for content delivery and contributes to timely delivery.
- Focus on Microsoft products and services within faculty engagements around Power Platform, m365, Data and AI
- Ability to translate ideas into various mediums for effective, audience-appropriate consumption.
- Ability to work under deadlines and prioritize projects.
- Passion for helping connect people and communities to Microsoft technologies inclusive of open source with a particular emphasis on engaging Student developers that are actively learning.
- Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging preferred).
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make our developers and platform the most successful.
- Understanding of student developers that are seeking to upskill, and why/how they make choices about the technologies they use.
- You have a “pulse” on the tech industry and a willingness to learn, share, and improve. Ability to self-study; ramp to latest technologies.
- Travel may be required depending on where local and national developer events are held.
- Language fluency in English plus the primary language for the geographic location of this role
- 1+ year(s) experience in program management, digital content publishing/management, or experience in a writing or editing role OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree AND 1+ year(s) experience in program management, digital content publishing/management, or experience in a writing or editing role OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ year(s) recent experience with digital publishing modalities (e.g., Web, social media, in-product, training, online ads).
- Design, implementation, and experimental validation of deep learning models and algorithms.
- Collaboration with educators, students, advocates and product engineers as part of a project team.
- Clearly communicating ideas and results in writing, such as blogs, papers, presentations, or notes for internal and external audiences.
- Experience in building machine learning systems with PyTorch, Tensorflow, SciKit Learn or Keras.
- Demonstrated ability to write code, programming ability in R, Python, comfortable with using Git and GitHub processes such as code reviews, and software testing principles.
- Experience of Microsoft AI services and tools.
- Experience of Visual Studio Code and Data Science Extensions and tooling
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Compliance Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Content Discoverability
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Data Analysis
- Diversity Promotion
- English Language Proficiency
- Information Architecture
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Written Communication
#devrelawesomejobs #devrelawesomejobsCA #devrelawesomejobsContent #NextPlay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.