Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operatin...
Are you insatiably curious? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation?
We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Azure engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We're excited to support and contribute to open-source platforms, tools, and processes. We’re spreading awareness of Azure and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn.
This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: www.aka.ms/meettheteam
We are looking for Academic Cloud Advocates who will be instrumental in building a large and vibrant educator and student developer community through mentorship in collaboration with Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors and Imagine Cup programs.
You’ll also be empowered to create amazing, authentic demos/content on a broad range of technologies, provide and generate robust engineering feedback around Azure and developer tooling utilized by Academic Developers and build interactive workshops with Microsoft Learn. Join us as we inspire and earn the hearts and minds of developers broadly
As an Academic Cloud Advocate in Student Developer Programs, the core impact of this role is engaging and growing our university engagement through our educators and students, Microsoft Learn Ambassadors programs, Imagine Cup competition, hackathons, and workshops on campus plus online skilling with Microsoft Learn.
Content Delivery, Experience, and Strategy
- Deliver content for a feature or limited set of features or educator and student scenarios. Works with senior colleagues to understand how their work fits into the bigger picture. Gather content requirements from others to effectively deliver content. Contribute to the content curation process by assisting with defining content themes within specific products. Combine product business metrics to assess impact of work and optimize content. Build knowledge of and ensure content experiences adhere to guidelines/standards/values (e.g., accessibility, inclusive content, Microsoft brand guidelines, compliance, search engine optimization).
- Follow guidelines and standards to develop relevant, technically accurate content designed for a specific product/content/feature area as assigned by a senior team member. Collaborates with team members to understand products/content areas/features and problems to author optimal content. Builds a foundational understanding of in-product content.
- Receive feedback from a senior team member and incorporate changes into content for an assigned area and/or for possible inclusion in a portfolio. Uses appropriate tools to move content to publication after review is complete for a particular area as assigned, where applicable. Works with stakeholders to assess shipped content for potential improvements. Assist in testing and building educator and student scenarios.
Driving Business Impact and Continuous Improvement
- Ensure content curated across assigned areas is updated in a timely manner to reflect trending topics and information relevant to the audience. Monitor data sources, competitors, social media, and other relevant content sites to assist with the curation of content across canvasses. May report on content performance to stakeholders. Uses tools (e.g., dashboards, algorithms) to augment the content publishing process as appropriate. Provide input on product strategy and complexity for production and capacity planning. Ensures that size and scope of intended audience for content is understood, and that a plan is followed to reach that audience. Assess and ensure content quality to drive business impact. Execute global plans locally. Supports "item flighting" of features to sample with a small proportion of the users.
Partner Engagement (Internal or External educators and students)
- Engage with existing educators, students and stakeholders to equip them with the correct information and meet their expectations. Consistently works to meet or exceed audience and partner expectations and provide a positive experience. Resolves partner or audience problems within their job scope (e.g., corrects errors in editorial programming) highlighted by audience/partner feedback. Gather audience and customer feedback and data relating to content and features and integrates or makes recommendations on how to integrate this feedback into programming. May educate partners and/or stakeholders on product changes or updates. Supports local opportunities with lead generation or monetization partners.
- Engage with students and educators to address customer feedback. Strives to make content customer focused by facilitating information sharing and incorporating changes from educators and student’s feedback. Engages with educator and student’s communities to provide support and expertise (e.g., blog posts, social posts, conversations, speaking at events).
- Build relationships with key influencer faculty, foster a healthy and vibrant technical community, and collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with engineering.
- Scale your efforts by partnering with the Microsoft field, developers and academic community programs like Microsoft Learn Educator Ambassadors, Microsoft Learn Student Ambassadors, Microsoft MVPs
- Recruit and mentor Student Developers in your geographic region and mentor them through the Microsoft Learn Ambassadors, Imagine Cup, and hackathon events.
- Focus on Microsoft products and services within AI/ ML, and Data Science.
- Network and build relationships with the students and educators and earn their trust and respect for Microsoft technologies.
- Learn and understand the current state of content experiences in one's area of expertise, including knowledge of tools, techniques, strategies, and processes that can be utilized to improve process efficiency and performance. Maintains knowledge of current trends within the discipline. Stays updated on industry and competitive trends and adjusts the content strategy as needed. Share knowledge and best practices within teams and projects.
- Assume accountability for reporting out and clearly communicating on status. Collaborate with team members to enhance customer and content experiences. Align with expectations for content delivery and contributes to timely delivery.
- Focus on Microsoft products and services within faculty engagements around Power Platform, m365, Data and AI
- Ability to translate ideas into various mediums for effective, audience-appropriate consumption.
- Ability to work under deadlines and prioritize projects.
- Passion for helping connect people and communities to Microsoft technologies inclusive of open source with a particular emphasis on engaging Student developers that are actively learning.
- Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging preferred).
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make our developers and platform the most successful.
- Understanding of student developers that are seeking to upskill, and why/how they make choices about the technologies they use.
- You have a “pulse” on the tech industry and a willingness to learn, share, and improve. Ability to self-study; ramp to latest technologies.
- Travel may be required depending on where local and national developer events are held.
- Language fluency in English plus the primary language for the geographic location of this role
- 1+ year(s) experience in program management, digital content publishing/management, or experience in a writing or editing role OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree AND 1+ year(s) experience in program management, digital content publishing/management, or experience in a writing or editing role OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ year(s) recent experience with digital publishing modalities (e.g., Web, social media, in-product, training, online ads).
- Design, implementation, and experimental validation of deep learning models and algorithms.
- Collaboration with educators, students, advocates and product engineers as part of a project team.
- Clearly communicating ideas and results in writing, such as blogs, papers, presentations, or notes for internal and external audiences.
- Experience in building machine learning systems with PyTorch, Tensorflow, SciKit Learn or Keras.
- Demonstrated ability to write code, programming ability in R, Python, comfortable with using Git and GitHub processes such as code reviews, and software testing principles.
- Experience of Microsoft AI services and tools.
- Experience of Visual Studio Code and Data Science Extensions and tooling
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Compliance Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Content Discoverability
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Data Analysis
- Diversity Promotion
- English Language Proficiency
- Information Architecture
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Written Communication
#devrelawesomejobs #devrelawesomejobsCA #devrelawesomejobsContent #NextPlay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
go to method of application »
Our aspiration is to transform Africa to a Cloud-first, Digital-first continent enabling a thriving digital economy across Africa while reinventing Microsoft's digital assets and capabilities to serve the young continent's transformation needs. With that in mind was the establishment of new team; the Africa Transformation Office (ATO), which will be established and chartered with the following:
- Build strategic, unconventional partnerships with key governments, institutions and enterprises to enable and accelerate digital economy across the African continent.
- Develop digital marketing engines to enable and accelerate Startups and SMBs.
- Plan and land infrastructure enablers and game changers in the continent.
- Enable Africa as a Foreign Direct Investment destination supported by expanding our technologies for MNCs across key industries.
- Manage the 4Afrika initiative and further integrate it to key company programs and engines to amplify its impact.
- Foster digital skilling and job creation to maximize the economic opportunity for the African youth and workforce.
This role will report into the ATO SME and Startup Lead and can be based out of Egypt, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria or South Africa. The role will be instrumental in contibuting to the mission to empower millions of Africa SMEs and to positively impact employment and wealth creation.
You wll work with the Lead to scale and recruit these SME businesses via partnerships and deliberate partnerships with Governments, Telcos, Financial Services Institutions, Global development organisatioins, Partners, digital engines (Marketplace) and availing platforms for regional and global reach.
You will co-create bespoke value propositions based on market insights that will include but not be limited to providing the required technical and business SMEs skilling and mentoring solutions to underserved communities, and female SME founders. You will be focusing on African big bets industries Financial Services , Agriculture, Health, Education and Energy.
Finally you will be co-leading the partnerships and project workstreams that will avail access to the relevant products (existing or new SKUs), bundled offers, provision of connectivity and end to end solutions that will enable these SMEs to transform while contributing to economic growth as well as growing the Microsoft cloud business on the Continent.
The PDM will be a key member of the ATO team and will also work closely with the lead to commercialise initiatives that will target the SME sector – a key focus industry for all Government and foreign direct investment stakeholders.
The PDM will be responsible for creating a Microsoft powered Africa SME marketplace as the central mainstay of a unique value proposition.
The PDM is responsible for recruiting new Microsoft Partners in the marketplace. The PDM will be expected to oversee research on Industry and customer needs to identify where Microsoft has gaps in its portfolio of partners to meet customer needs or, there are opportunities to disrupt the marketplace with new and differentiated solutions and services that can transform business for Microsoft SME customers.
The PDM will be expected to lead the 360 degree business relationship with companies through the process of bringing new service offerings and solutions to market. The PDM will engage at the very highest level of executives at partner organisations seeking to buildtrust and developing joint business plans defining Go-To-Market (GTM) strategies, driving implementation of all aspects of the strategy and by orchestrating relationships between the partners’ technical, sales and marketing teams and Microsoft to achieve the expected commercial outcomes. .
- The PDM represents Microsoft to new partners, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive application development, long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of cloud applications&solutions leading to workload/industry based co-sell.
- The Partner Dev Manager will work with strategic partners to join Microsoft Cloud Platform and build solutions that will provide a unique expertise and solve customers’ business challenges.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategy development and Planning - Develop Partner Recruit Strategy and Compete Plan: research, qualify and analyze potential new partners, articulating market insights about competitors. Create Recruit strategic partners target list based on Recruit Council, Capacity Plan, Industry Solution Categories and Segment priorities. Target list of highest value solution for the territory.
- Value proposition development – Contribute towards the development of a differentiated vlaue proposition while leveraging on Microsoft and Parters’ assets. This would entail a concise development of the customer experience journeys including development of the appropriate marketing and communication strategy.
- Project leadersihp and reporting – Initiate, drive and manage various SME execution workstreams including identifying any synergies with other ATO and Microsoft business partners. Own programme management including generating and presenting project updates to various stakeholder groups.
- Build a trusted advisory relationship with partners - Builds expansive network with Business and Technical managers: sharing ideas, perspectives, building trusted advisory reputation within partner team. Create Executive Sponsorship and Relationships to build trust and drive for commitments.
- Build New Solutions – Secure partner commitment to build net-new solutions on Microsoft cloud platform. Evangelize profitability of MS relationship, MS value proposition, quantify market opportunity and align expectations on engagement, deliverables, SLA, programs and services. Coordinate engagement of teams required to enable/skill up partner and manage solution development.
- Leverage and request Microsoft Programs Services to:
Support partner on launching new solution on Marketplace and ensure solution is discoverable
•Create/execute GTM plan for new solution
•Coordinate with Channel Managers for first customer opportunities
•Supervise partner engagement with Microsoft Programs, ensure SLA and Partner satisfaction and deliverables.
- Drive business growth - Accountable for the growth of the business across the solution area partner portfolio, aligned with the Channel Management & Co-sell team, inclusive of expected partner impact. Drive business performance measured by revenue (usage & consumption), customer acquisition, apps, as well as the support global expansion. Demonstrate account management excellence through high quality interactions with the partner, and through well-orchestrated interactions between partner executives and Microsoft executives.
- Stakeholder management – Drive customer and partner business initiatives while driving strategic execution thinking amongst team and business partners. Execute timely and appropriate transfer of partner to partner management teams for long-term partnership, or transfer partner to programmatic assistance when no longer appropriate for PDM engagement.
- Personally, commit to generate and protect Microsoft trust by modeling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth.
- 5-10+ years of experience in core sales experience, partner channel development, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
- Executive presence and ability to influence business leaders through business value propositions
- Experience with technology platforms and developing new product and business solutions
- Working knowledge of cloud business models & how apps/services are brought to market
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Bachelor's degree desired (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations) MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.