Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
Purpose of consultancy
To provide technical expertise in the area of database research with special attention to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Resolution of technical issues involving the process of the WHO COVID-19 database operation with all partners:
- Identify the backlog of WHO COVID-19 database technical issues.
- Perform tests to identify and resolve technical issues in coordination with WHO Library team.
- Validate for approval the fixes developed for each technical issue in coordination with WHO Library team.
- Identify errors in the WHO COVID-19 database metadata, look for the source of errors and change processes to build better processes.
Provide technical guidance to the WHO Library Team on strategic, tactical, and operational discussions with all partners of the WHO COVID-19 database initiative:
- Attend meetings with WHO partners envisaging the strengthening of the WHO COVID-19 database operation and management to be able to incorporate their needs and ideas in the work.
- Contribute to the technical discussions with partners to promote the incorporation of new methodologies and technologies used in the of WHO COVID-19 database to other projects for the systematic review process. Such as AI classifier tools, AI based deduplication, VBA automation etc.
- Contribute to the development of workplans, roadmaps and technical documentation with partners according to WHO Library needs.
Provide input for ativities regarding the weekly update process of WHO COVID-19 database and the development of enhancements:
- Run pre-defined search on COVID-19 and compile results.
- Provide quality control of bibliographic information for the WHO COVID-19 Research Database.
- Provide record enhancement (author/date/abstract inclusion, etc.) on individual citations.
- Troubleshoot citation processing issues.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with data delivery in coordination with BIREME.
- Provide regular back-up and transfer of records to BIREME.
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedure documents for general process functions of the WHO COVID-19 Research database.
- Coordinate the citation screening process with a group of volunteers.
- Provide input into further fine-tuning for modes of automation of the regular database operation.
- Monitor the usage statistics to elaborate reports, identify insights and propose changes and enhancements.
- Identify and communicate technical issues with partners.
- Contribute to a report on vetted technical enhancements, processes, and workflows with an overview of all functionalities and technical contributions from partners.
Provide information technology input to the systematic review process:
- Facilitate the file conversions and testing for creating of SOP's for reference data management.
- Use VBA to automate reference data management.
- Upload and manage references using systematic review tools such as: Distiller SR, Endnote, Covidence, and Excel in support of the Rapid Review Group and other technical units working on synthesis of evidence.
- Facilitate the software issues using DSR, Endnote, Excel or other software in the systematic review process.
In-Depth Searching technical input:
- Develop simple searches using a predefined method in coordination with WHO Library team.
- Contribute to the development of search filters for LMIC countries in coordination with the WHO library team.
- Translate searches for alternate platforms in coordination with WHO library team.
- Run searches across platforms provided by WHO library teams.
- Run search updates based on searches provided by WHO library team and track numbers for systematic reviews.
- Download search results, organize and manage data.
- Reduplicate results using AI tools.
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
- First-level university degree in business administration, technology or computer science.
- Advanced degree or recognized professional qualification in project management.
- At least 2 years experience in project analysis.
- Experience in VBA programming, Distiller SR, Endnote & Deduklick AI tools.
- Working knowledge of the WHO COVID-19 Database workflows.
- Adaptable knowledge of different software products.
- Familiarity with reference management software such as Distiller SR & Endnote.
- Ability to liaise with and communicate between technology and non-technology stakeholders.
- Basic knowledge of search translations and downloads of metadata.