Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
Purpose of consultancy
The consultant will produce online games to support existing learning programmes within the WHO Academy. He/she will deliver gamified activities as per the established game design documents
Deliverable 1: Game development.
The consultant will develop game activities for 8 learning programmes. The supporting learning games will not have the same size or complexity, depending on each programme.
Objective 1: Develop impactful games to support learning experience.
- Output 1.1: Produce Program games and playful interactions that support learning programmes. Effectively utilise various game development software, game engines, and other learning development tools to implement game experiences. These platforms may include: a proprietary game engine, Unity, Unreal, Evolve, Camtasia, Adapt Learning, Articulate Storyline, a Learning Content Management System, and other authoring software. The games may be part of the learning programme design (including on-site, digital, and learning lab courses), or they may be standalone games.
- Output 1.2: Collect, technically adjust and integrate game assets from external providers.
Objective 2: Record game assets in a structured location.
- Output 2.1: Collaborate with designers, artists, developers, or audio professionals to gather any necessary assets as per the game design documents. Ensure that all art and audio assets are produced, collected, implemented, searchable and retrievable. Work with game designer to ensure that all script/ dialogue components, exposition/text needs, character profiles, and other design assets are completed and implemented.
- Output 2.2: Organize all assets and/or asset needs in a database or spreadsheet. Communicate schedules and timelines for all necessary components of each game project.
Objective 3: Prototype, test, evaluate and improve Serious Educational Games (SEG) activities.
- Output 3.1: Prototype, test, evaluate and improve SEG solutions based on feedback and data both pre- and post- program launch.
- Output 3.2: Augment efficiency of SEG solutions through continuous improvement loop, by measuring learner experience and by checking quality requirements.
Deliverable 2: Technical guidance.
Objective 4: Advise on digital technologies for learning games.
- Output 4.1: Deliver a report with direction and best practices on implementing the games into the learning programmes. There will be a variety of game types, including digital, analog, mixed reality games, playful activities, and simulations for medical, health, and patient needs. Provide strategic direction on platforms, authoring software, engines, and techniques to use.
- Output 4.2: Coordinate workshops and training sessions on the value of gaming for other units across the WHO Academy. Work alongside a team of game designers and share best practices, challenges, and solutions. Co-deliver these workshops or sessions with game designers.
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
University degree in one of the following fields:
- Technology, innovation or computerized systems.
- Learning or instructional design.
- Learning game development, advanced multimedia, 3D animation or video game production.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the development of games, including the use of game engines such as Unity or Unreal.
- Experience in designing serious games.
- At least 1 year of experience in programming interactive activities in Articulate Storyline and/or Adapt Learning.
- Experience in creating at least one game for serious or educational purposes.
- At least 2 years of experience of iOS/Android game development.
- At least 1 year of experience in coordinating game assets and/or using learning management systems.
- Experience with augmented reality.
- Knowledge of Game Development Sofware like h Unity or Unreal Game Engines.
- Knowledge of Articulate Storyline and/or Adapt Learning.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Canvas, Illustrator or similar software.
- Knowledge of iOS/Android (Objective C, Swift), augmented Reality technologies, 3D animations.
Closing Date: Apr 10, 2023