Job ID 163121Date posted 11/04/2021Location : Mombasa, Kenya
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Supply Chain Coordinator based at our Tea Business in Mombasa-Kenya, will engage with our customers and internal team members to ensure we are providing outstanding customer service from contract entry through final product deliveries. We seek a professional to coordinate customer account activities with Cargill as well as highlighting business opportunities for the customer to increase their profitability and enhance their experience with Cargill. In this role you will be responsible for key compliance controls related to the customer contracts.
- Maintain accounts information to accurately perform customer updates.
- Pre-shipment & Post-shipment documentation processing, Shipment Booking confirmations, completion of required processes and sourcing of support documentation to ensure business goal of 100% Adherence to plan is met.
- Direct follow-up discussions with customers on contracting activities for both private and Auction Teas.
- Problem solving of customer complaints, ensuring timely resolution, active engagement with customers and internal team members to prevent future issues.
- Perform outbound calls to customers creating awareness of Shipping and Customs requirements and Proactively Communicating and updating Customers on Tea Shipments status and other issues in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Provide Cargill’s customers with direct customer service call support by answering basic market and risk management product questions, customer specific account and contract related questions and supporting customer interactions together with system updates.
- Participate in customer planning meetings with our Commercial and Operations team in an effort to bring forward account management items and coordinate the customer follow through.
- Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent.
- Ability to create unique solutions for complex problems.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in challenging situations
- Confirmed ability to timely, accurately and consistently execute complex and detailed processes and procedures
- Four years of related work experience will be an advantage.
- Other minimum qualifications may apply.
- University degree or other qualification in Shipping or Supply Chain Management.
- Advanced proficiency in standard business applications (e.g. MS Office Suite), particularly Excel.
Prior Beneficial Experiences
- Be able to prioritize requests and tasks to manage time effectively.
- Ensuring that communication with multiple teams are clear.
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Develop and deliver multimode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
Skills and Experiences to be Gained
- This role will provides an opportunity to participate in various activities associated with Customer service, Commercial and Operations.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.