Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Nutrition Manager shall be responsible for the overall designing and implementation of a nutrition program that encompasses running of selective feeding program, nutrition surveillance, hospital feeding, and promotion of infant and young child feeding practices, nutrition education and addressing micronutrient deficiencies in the camp.
He/she shall be expected to monitor and ensure improvement and maintenance of public health nutrition performance indicators as per SPHERE/UNHCR/WHO standards at the Camp.
- Develop an annual nutrition sector work plan
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation and monitoring of nutrition project activities in line with proposal targets and work plan timelines
- Implement recommendations arising out of joint assessment missions/ reviews with WFP and/or UNHCR
- Conduct nutritional surveillance in the camp based on agreed camp wide methodologies including surveys, process monitoring, LQAS, SQUEAC and other rapid methods.
- Coordinate with other IRC departments and implementing partners to develop training curricula and implementation plans.
- Assist in response and management of any nutrition emergencies e.g. acute food shortages in the camp and participate in the development of disaster preparedness systems.
- Promote infant and young child feeding best practices in the camp.
- Supervise and monitor the hospital patient’s diet including the special diets for chronic diseases.
- Plan and execute nutritional calendar events.
- Oversee implementation and integration of comprehensive growth monitoring program
- Participate actively in execution of operational research in the camp
- Participate actively in annual nutrition surveys in the camp
- Plan and actively involve the community in marking recognized nutrition related days
- In liaison with the Administration department, recruit and maintain a nutrition team in accordance with budget specifications.
- Directly supervise the nutrition team in the camp.
- Build refugee staff capacity to assume more management and technical positions in IRC’s nutrition program:
- Represent IRC in health and nutrition meetings in the Camp:
- Coordinate with UNHCR, WFP other implementing partners and health facilities to ensure maximum effectiveness of the nutrition project.
- Monitor all nutrition program expenditure against budgets;
- Work with logistics team to develop accurate and timely quarterly nutrition orders;
- Recommend grant and budget revisions for the nutrition program to the Health Team Leader;
- Keep Health Team Leader fully informed on nutrition related issues, opportunities and development;
- To coordinate the compilation and timely submit weekly monthly and quarterly reports of the therapeutic and supplementary feeding and other nutrition activities to the Health Team Leader.
- Adhere and uphold the IRC code of conduct at the respective work areas of work
Key Result Areas
- Successful implementation of annual nutrition sector work plan as per the proposal targets.
- Monitor and ensure improvement and maintenance of public health nutrition performance indicators as per SPHERE/UNHCR/WHO standards at the camp.
- Promotion of mother infant and young child feeding best practices in the camp.
- Monitor all nutrition program expenditure against budgets and ensure an appropriate burn rate.
- Ensure steady supply of all the nutrition program supplies.
- Ensure nutrition surveillance and assessments are continuously conducted.
- Timely submission of monthly and donor reports.
- Capacity building of nutrition staff.
- Maintain nutrition team as per the budget specifications.
- Represent IRC in nutrition meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition; Master’s in Public Health Nutrition added advantage.
- Experience in designing and implementing nutrition surveys and other methodologies,
- Knowledge in computer statistical packages such as SMART, SQUEAC, STRATA and basic data analysis skills.
- Experience in managing a nutrition program among refugee/ displaced populations an advantage.
- Working in resource poor environment and complex emergencies.
go to method of application »
IRC is seeking a Supply Chain Assistant based in Nairobi for a Euro 30 Million five year, urban livelihoods program: Refugees in East Africa: Boosting Urban Innovations for Livelihoods Development (RE:BUILD). The RE:BUILD program is funded by the IKEA Foundation and will be implemented in Kampala and Nairobi. The IRC is the Lead Partner and will coordinate a consortium of local and international partners to deliver the program. RE:BUILD seeks for urban refugees and vulnerable host residents to achieve economic self-reliance and benefit from strengthened urban economic, regulatory, and social environments. RE: BUILD will aim to enable change at varying levels, from better access to livelihood opportunities and inclusive services within communities to improved refugee-related policies and more targeted and effective service delivery from national, regional, and global actors. Key features of RE: BUILD’s approach include flexible funding, adaptive design and knowledge, and evidence generation.
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for supporting the Supply Chain Manager in delivery of all supply chain functions in Nairobi office.
Procurement and Logistics
- Understand, implement and maintain IRC standard procurement policies and procedures
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices
- Receive and update in BvA system all fully authorized Purchase Requests in timely manner.
- Obtain quotations from suppliers by preparing and submitting Request for Quotations (RFQs) or Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Monitor supplier performance and follow-up with suppliers on quality issues and timely delivery of goods
- Ensure that all supplies, services and equipment required are delivered on time
- Establish and maintenance ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers
- Utilise the online BVA system for Procurement tracking and documentation.
- Processing of payments on timely manner including Accommodation.
- Provide a timely response to field/requestor with an acknowledgement or an update
- Filling procurement documents.
- Preparing service and casual contracts.
- Following up with the Clearing Agent on all KRA, customs Department documents
- Maintain vendor/supplier files.
- Proactively provide feedback and updates to requesters on their requests within 48hrs.
- Perform other duties, as appropriate or requested by Supply Chain Coordinator/Supply Chain manager/Supply Chain Officer
- Any other duties Assigned.
- Strong sense of personal integrity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Remains productive when under pressure
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain management/Business Administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related field prefered
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Prior experience of working in Supply Chain position in a multi-cultural environment
- Competent with using Computers, especially Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets and Outlook
- General knowledge of the logistics procedures and tools
- Good mathematical skills
- Commitment, punctuality, proactive, a good team player, ability to work under difficult conditions in the field, trustworthy, honesty, etc.