About the Role:
Reports To: Head of Marketing, Beer (East Africa)
- Lead business to realize our F22 commercial strategy
- Develop and deploy world class marketing business plans that are insight driven, consumer focused and commercially viable
- Work with Consumer Planning & Research for provision of up to date brand performance and consumer insights
- Accountability for Market Performance, in close partnership with commercial teams
- Lead or support interventions as required Manage the P&L to unlock growth
- Manage advertising and promotion resources as allocated, drive effective and efficient use of Media pend and support the Shopper Marketing team to ensure BTL spend efficiency.
Build the Brand: Content and Culture
- Partner with Global Brand Teams, Media and Advertising agencies for brand strategy search & spin and development of effective brand communication; brand communication planning and media spend optimization
- Deliver brilliant creative content & assets with path to purchase triggers
- Develop and deploy a world class digital strategy and ensure our brands secure a strong digital/online footprint
- Vibrant brand world brought to life at all touchpoints, experiences, events and at POP
- Multi-channel communications model which step-changes awareness and (re)recruits consumers at scale, and builds vibrant brand in culture
- Drive internal passion for beer and help build beer category capability
- Maintain a ‘launch mentality’ to ensure we are within arms reach of all relevant consumption occasions (right distribution, right SKU, right occasion)
- Bring FMCG focus to create through-the-line drivers of Last 7 Days penetration growth
- Engage across the organization through cross-functional collaboration & pro-active stakeholder engagement; ensure strong and supportive relationships across departments
KEY MARKETING CAPABILITIES:
Building purposeful winning brands
- Compelling brand story-telling: Able to craft compelling brand and strategic narratives that energize consumers and the business
- Strategy Activation: Consistently develop plans that beat volume, NSV and CAAP targets.
- Connection planning: A social native and commercial realist. Adept at delivering brand content and experiences in all the moments that matter
- Excellence in social media/consumer conversations- manage the development and distribution of the brand content to engage with consumers in culture
Driving Marketing Performance
- Brand Performance Analysis: Has demonstrated rigorous, robust brand performance analysis, and identified issues and opportunities to drive recruitment
- Commercial Acumen: Leverages understanding of category and customer profitability, and competitor landscape, to make recommendations that create value for customers and brand/category
- P&L Management: Understands a brand’s P&L and levers to manage profitability
- Measurement and evaluation to drive A&P productivity-Media performance management to ensure efficiencies and effectiveness via productivity tracking and use marketing catalyst to track -performance
Delivering Integrated Execution
- Creative judgement: Good instinctive judgement on evaluating creative ideas and giving simple, effective feedback vs fit to brief
- Multi-channel execution: create great plans and distribute content that grow salience and drive recency, impact and reach across the path to purchase
- Pace and agility: Instinctive feel for what works for consumer and customer, and can guide others, to make the right marketing decisions at the right time
- Flawless Execution: Consistently executes marketing programmes with excellence
- Using Digital Tools- apply technology, platforms to enhance connections with consumers including use of Sprinklr for social listening, moderation, asset management and performance management
Using Insights to Sell More
- Demonstrates consumer curiosity (external focus, cultural trends)
- Proven grasp of data analysis, tools and techniques
- Good knowledge of media & digital landscape / opportunities
Forging Powerful Partnerships
- Managing productive partnerships: Manages productive relationships with internal and external partners, including C&E, agencies and influencers, to achieve cultural traction, brilliant creative outputs and ROI
- Multi-channel planning and management: Works with agencies to ensure optimal media mix; delivers effective and efficient media pans that drive impact, recency and reach
KEY LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES:
Win through Execution: Lead bold execution in a fast changing world
- Act like owners by holding self and others to account for highest standards
- Scan the environment constantly and adapt plans with pace
- Inject a restlessness to win and unlock capacity to decide and act quickly
- Demand brilliant execution to ensure we always win at the point of purchase
Shape the Future
- Enable others to imagine the future and be brave to act boldly now
- Set context and empower people to experiment and unlock opportunities for growth
- Insist on sufficient data and insights that quickly move us to action
Inspire through Purpose
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience preferably in the FMCG environment.
- Experience in the development and execution of marketing strategies.
go to method of application »
This role works closely with Quality manager, Supplier to Plant Manager, Departmental Heads, Material warehousing, Stores, Suppliers, Customer Service, Marketing department, Government officers and Beer Opex.
- It is critical that the company maintain high quality of raw materials and brands through effective Quality Control/Assurance procedures in order to remain at the top in the market and satisfy the expectations and needs of the consumer at competitive cost.
- The quality measurement technology rapidly changing in terms of equipment complexity and the need for accurate rapid results.
- Very dynamic complex interplay of several departments across supply and demand, large no of suppliers, internal customer focus, needs to supply cost effective product and yet have very strict gate controls.
This position has no direct reports but works closely with Materials & Analytical Chemist, Packaging Quality team leader, Brewing quality team leader and the Spirits quality team leader.
The role has to ensure that the material quality assurance agenda is internalized by the suppliers, operations team and the wider business.
Purpose of Role:
The prime purpose of this role is to ensure that all aspects of MAKE Quality (Processes, activities and systems) at production facilities guarantee Diageo Brands reputation, ensuring the safety and satisfaction of our customers and consumers.
To protect the brand and business image by ensuring material quality is effectively ensuring we have the right products in the right pack dress.
- Develop, implement and monitor laboratory and process control procedures and standards to drive food safety and quality goals to drive end to end customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that all materials (raw and components) are analyzed to meet Diageo standards and Kenyan regulatory and legal standards
- Install tier 2 process confirmations on material inspections, handling at issuance, handling of ex line balances to drive ownership, adherence and compliance and prevent material quality deterioration leading to losses/ generation of non-conforming products
- Set and track daily material quality performance targets
- Drive customer satisfaction through implementation of robust gate controls that assure zero defects attributed to material quality.
- Embed root cause problem solving tool at the shop floor for every material complaint raised, through coaching and follow through with suppliers for effective closure of deviations. Conduct on boarding and continuous audits for suppliers to support business continuity and inject new ways of work to assure food safety and quality controls implementation as well as drive material quality improvement.
- Champion internal and external ring schemes to continuously upskill analyst’s capability and assure consistent accurate, repeatable results.
- Ensure availability, calibration, service and maintenance of all lab & inline equipment guarantees consistency and accuracy of measurement
- Execute activities related to ISO 9001, HACCP, FSSC22000, ISO 45001, and EHS. Ensuring systems are maintained and drive improvements in area of accountability, including participation in audits.
- Identify , manage and escalate any material quality incidents (i.e. ingredients, components ,process and final product) ensuring responsible managers are aware of significant internal or any external incidents
- Ensure effective Track and Trace practices (traceability) are in place at all stages in the MAKE processes– adhering to standards
- Champion supplier management framework to ensure only fit for purpose materials delivered to site to ensure full compliance of the materials to stipulated standards.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BSc in Food Science – Technology, Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Trained auditor certificate for QMS, HACCP, EMS & OHSAS.
- Overall, good knowledge of Quality and Food Safety legislation and standards
- Minimum of 3 years experience in production or quality assurance, environmental and safety management systems within middle management level in FMCG.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of quality systems, brewing and packaging processes and legal requirements to the food industry.
- Experience of Quality Management principles and processes.
- Hands on Experience in Lab standards and development of Good Lab practices and systems.
- Influencing and leadership skills
- Audit and HACCP experience, application of six sigma
Desirable –Knowledge and application of lean six sigma tools to min of yellow belt
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.