P.C.E.A Kikuyu Hospital is Owned by the Presbyterian Church of East Africa, (P.C.E.A.)
P.C.E.A Kikuyu Hospital has stood the test of time to become one of the most community friendly hospital in the region.
Now marking 105 years since it was founded in 1908, the hospital has grown to offer a wide range of services to patients in the area and all over Keny...
Read more about this company
The Hospital is soliciting for qualified applicants for the position of Program Officer who will be reporting to the Program Manager.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Officer is responsible for the day to day running of the Vision Impact Project(VIP). Specifically, he /she will be responsible for supporting the line government departments, VIP structures within Kiambu County, and local stakeholders in planning, coordinating quality, and timely roll out of afunctional eye health system at various levels. He/she will be responsible for building and maintaining effective interfaces with government authorities and partners as well as a broader network of stakeholders who can contribute to eye health system strengthening.
- Bachelors degree in Development Studies Project Planning and Management, or any Social Science from a recognized and accredited university.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development projects, both at community level and facilities such as schools and health facilities.
- The jobholder must have a background in Finance; with at least CPA Part 2.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Outlook.
- Proficiency in M&E frameworks and skills.
- Experience of working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights will be an added advantage.
- Must be a results-oriented person who can handle a heavy work load as well as multiple organizational, donor and MOH demands.
- Experience in working and collaborating with communities, County Governments and Government Ministries.
- Work experience in eye health programs will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating each project to meet agreed service levels.
- Providing information, documentation, budgets and forecasts to support the project lifecycles.
- Managing and building partnership relationships, championing shared learning and collaboration.
- Facilitating access to resources for partners to enhance their programmes.
- Working closely with the Finance team to monitor project expenditure and forecasts.
- Facilitate schools and community eye screening, treatment outreaches and linkage to health facilities.
- Support in planning and coordination of all trainings that will be undertaken in the program.
- Coordinate and actively engage communities, DPOS and persons with disabilities to ensure inclusive eye health in VIP.
- Ensure that all beneficiaries are treated equally so as to get equal value, participation and decision making.
- Plan and conduct regular accessibility audit and pro-actively address their commendation arising from these audits.
- Coordinate community mobilization and participation eye screening.
- Maintaining accounting records of day-to-day transactions, and ensuring timely upload in the accounting system.
- Actively participate in timely report writing in accordance with VIP and MOH Kenya requirements.
- Represent PKH in stakeholder forums/meetings.
go to method of application »
The Hospital is soliciting for qualified applicants for the position of Information Technology Officer who will be reporting to the Program Officer.
The Information Technology Officer will deliver and maintain the Peek Capture application in the VIP and support users. He/she will take lead in managing the set up and ongoing performance of Peek Capture. The ITO will also be responsible for any IT related issues for the VIP project including system support to generate reports and data management
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Experience in PEEKs Customer Support Center (Jira) or its equivalent.
- Experience in an IT support role.
- Knowledge of smartphones and in particular Android-based devices.
- Familiarity with web-based applications e.g. websites, document creation and editing
- Experience of ticketing systems e.g. JIRA
- Ability to collaborate with teams in remote locations, communicating effectively both written and verbally.
- Proficiency in M&E frameworks and skills
- Experience in Public or Eye health programmes will be an advantage
- Highly organized & focused
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage Admin settings, users, data, reporting and other functions.
- Lead in-country lab tests.
- Support Implementation Team Training.
- Technical support for the launch of the country programme.
- Ensure security of devices and data held on them.
- Support relationships with implementing teams/users in-country.
- Maintain expertise in the relevant Peek technical products.
- Support the smooth running of the programme from a technical standpoint liaising with Peek Customer support and users.
- Provide first line technical support to remote users to resolve problems that reasonably be supported in the country.
- To investigate user problems effectively to gain a full picture of the problem leading to the resolution of the same.
- Reproducing user problems in order to support the Peek DevOps team when they come to resolve the issue.
- Responding to Second Line Support and users on the ground in a timely fashion.
go to method of application »
The Hospital is soliciting for qualified applicants for the position of Program Finance Officer who will be reporting to Finance Manager.
To provide overall management of finance function by promoting financial stewardship, accountability and accuracy of financial reports, effective resources management, accounting and safeguarding of assets. He/she will also be responsible for compliance with PKH financial processes and policies.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Management.
- Professional Qualification in accounting (CPA-K, ACCA).
- Minimum five years work experience in same capacity within the development sector.
- Strong and proficient skills in budget development, budget monitoring and donor financial report writing.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in partner capacity building.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, PPT, and Outlook
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level.
- Experience working directly with multi-funded donor programs and has an excellent understanding of current trends in managing donor funds.
- Knowledge of accounting software and proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Attention to details, time management, and analytical skills.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive, accurate, and timely financial information and periodic reports.
- Apply and interpret to staff the Financial Rules and Regulations, and/or Administrative Procedures and Policies including grants requirements.
- Take lead in PCEA Kikuyu Hospital and CBM Budget Application Process.
- Preparation of Financial Reports as per donor requirements.
- Maintain internal accounting systems and records, and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation and reports.
- Monitor financial implementation and ensure that it is done in accordance with PKHs procedures and approved budget by conducting regular project visits in liaison with Program Team. Use findings to support improvements in internal controls.
- Developing budgets and based on approved plans and budgets, identify, prioritize and plan resource requirements.
- Process financial transactions accurately and promptly, checking for completeness and ensuring payments are made within the appropriate time lines.
- Monitor and track ongoing usage of administrative and project budgets and ensure that accounts and record keeping meets the requirements of the organization, donors, and relevant authorities.
- Provide support to finance and operations staff to meet required objectives and standards of performance.
- In liaison with Program Team, ensure all savings are approved before re-allocation and re-utilization.
go to method of application »
Under the supervision of the Program Officer, the driver will transport staff and supplies to different sites as assigned. He/she will ensure smooth facilitation of the VIP staff and ensure VIP fleet is safe, healthy and economical to guarantee staff facilitation.
- Minimum KCSE qualification.
- Valid Kenyan driving license Class BCE free of endorsements.
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- Certificate in Defensive Driving.
- Basic mechanical or equivalent certification will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years driving experience and good knowledge of Kiambu region.
- Be reliable, punctual, self-motivated, good attitude and strong work ethics.
- Good communication and organization skills
- Should demonstrate high level of compassion, integrity, commitment, professionalism, stewardship and God fearing.
- To drive programme vehicles carefully at all times and ensure safety of the passengers, other road users, and the assigned vehicle.
- To transport programme teams, staff, visitors and delivery of parcels.
- Perform minor maintenance of vehicles and reporting all defects
- Keep vehicle movement log book at all times.
- To indicate the vehicle fuel and service costs.
- Checking for all statutory requirements and renewals of the vehicles.
- Adherence to vehicle maintenance schedules.
- Proper and prompt reporting of any accident or damage involving site vehicles.
- To assist in other duties in the office as assigned by the immediate supervisor when not undertaking driving duties.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Qualified candidates should use the online application form on the hospital’s website. Applications should be received not later than 19th November 2021. PKH is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fee during the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Get your CV ready for 2022. Order our 100% professional CV Service.