Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
AGRA is an alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent. We understand that African farmers need uniquely African solutions designed to meet their specific environmental and agricultural needs so they can sustainably boost production and gain access to rapidly growing agriculture markets.
Read more about this company
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya (possible travel up to 50%).
The incumbent will report to the Head of Partnerships to strategize, identify, disseminate information and deliver on concrete partnership initiatives and private sector led opportunities that scale AGRA’s efforts.
The Senior Program Officer Partnerships role is to develop and scale partnership intervention models that support private sector led agriculture development and mobilization of (private) investments in the AGRA’s key value chains in 11 African countries. In addition, the role will position AGRA as a preferred partner for private sector-led agriculture development, and a leading initiator, convener and catalyst of multi-stakeholder partnerships that drive transformation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will support on-going and planned initiatives in AGRA Countries. This will include developing an in-country partnership development work plan, supporting partnerships maintenance and relationship development, tracking and reporting on partnership development, capacity building and knowledge sharing when necessary and other ad-hoc responsibilities.
- Developing a stakeholder mapping analysis and in-country partnership development work plan (30%)
- Map out key stakeholders that align with and can potentially contribute to AGRA strategy and Partnerships Unit team strategy.
- Develop prioritization criteria and support AGRA Country Offices to identify and prioritize new relationship, in collaboration with the resource mobilization, strategy unit and other relevant teams regarding a broader relationship management initiative in AGRA.
- Develop concrete value proposition and necessary communication materials for outreach to potential new partners.
- Develop partnership development work plan, timelines and deliverables.
- Partnerships development and investment facilitation capacity building:
- Senior relationship management of key bilateral partner relations.
- Review existing pipelines, particularly opportunities that emerged post AGRF 2019, and other major milestones.
- Delivery of multi-plex alliances in AGRA countries (e.g. Farm to Market Alliance, Brazil, Dutch and Israeli partnership).
- Identification, mobilization and closing of relevant partnership agreements.
- Coordinate meetings develop necessary communication material and ensure proper follow up.
- Investment facilitation capacity building and business development service in the countries.
- Development of partnership related grants, technical assistance and third-party funding proposals.
- Designing, planning and delivery of AGRA partnership events such as African Green Revolution Forum.
- Tracking and reporting on partnership development:
- Track and maintain a partnership development database and relationship management database.
- Tracking indicators and outcomes of AGRA’s partnership activities, this includes a partnership survey.
- Capacity building and knowledge sharing;
- Developing and delivery training on partnerships to AGRA staff and partners.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
- 15 years’ post qualification experience, with special technical expertise in Agribusinesses in Africa.
- At least 5 years of senior-level experience in program management.
- Good command of English required, French is an added advantage.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Strong private sector experience in either agribusiness, finance or related sector
- Has experience in working on joined projects with African governments, researchers, development partners.
- Deep understanding of African Agribusiness trends, activities, investment related policies.
- Familiarity with agricultural development programs.
- Highly organized, results and detail orientated with a very hands-on approach.
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent organizational, and problem solving/decision making ability.
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with this position’s responsibility will be negotiated with the successful candidate
go to method of application »
To support this transformation, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the position of Head of Gender.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Head of Gender will lead efforts to ensure that AGRA’s partnerships, programs and projects promote and facilitate greater food security using gender-sensitive and gender-transformative approaches.
Reporting to the Vice President – Country Support & Delivery, the Head of Gender will be the key resource in providing quality advisory services to AGRA management and to the country teams in regard to incorporating gender within all programs and activities at AGRA. S/He will be responsible for providing technical support and coordinating internal capacity building, as well as promoting the capacity of partners and grantees through integration of a gender approach in policies and programs, across AGRA. S/He will help position AGRA as a knowledge leader and technical leader in the Gender with various stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of AGRA’s gender strategy and approach.
- Lead in adopting the gender strategy at country and continental level with accountability, reporting and communications mechanisms.
- Support the implementation of AGRA’s country plans by incorporating women in agriculture strategy and gender governance, advocacy and thinking.
- Be the gender focal person on gender matters at AGRA in relation to policies, priorities, program development and development partner resource mobilization.
- Identify and supervise the work of expert consultants providing substantive inputs to the program.
- Lead interdisciplinary work and initiatives with the agricultural sector, government, public sector, AGRA country teams, multilateral organizations and NGOs.
- Work collaboratively to advocate and advance gender equality and women’s empowerment at national, regional and global levels.
- Advisor to AGRA staff and leadership on incorporating gender within all programs and activities.
- Provide leadership and high quality advisory services to AGRA management and to the country teams on Gender, ensuring that outputs are delivered in a timely manner according to budget.
- Develop guidance, policy positions, issue papers and factsheets on gender, for a range of audiences.
- Lead in conducting evidence-based analysis, and policy dialogue with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure capacity building of AGRA staff and teams to set and deliver against gender specific targets.
- Provide technical support and capacity building for AGRA grantees.
- Consult with grantees to develop new grant ideas around gender in achieving sustainable productivity growth.
- Conduct country level project visits and provide technical guidance on gender during monitoring and evaluation.
- Contribute substantially to Knowledge management, communications and thought leadership around women in agriculture.
- Driving the advancement of knowledge management and thought leadership in gender development activities.
- Write project reports, gender technical briefs, abstracts and document success stories.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies for policy products to maximize their value, visibility and impact within AGRA and food security and sustainable development community.
- Represent AGRA at designated international meetings and conferences, prepare briefing materials, speaking points, provide training and presentations.
- Lead fund-raising activities for AGRA’s programs that address gender advancement ensure the agreed work program activities are supported by a sustainable funding base.
- Foster relationships and develop strategic partnerships with partner organizations, countries, multilateral organizations and NGOs, working on gender and development.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Position requires 10 years’ relevant work experience working in similar organization or institutions including time working in developing countries e.g. a bilateral aid agency, a multilateral organization or with a partner government on gender issues in a developing country context (analytical, policy and operational);
- At least five (5) years’ Senior-Level experience designing and implementing programs and/or gender development policies and activities in developing countries;
- Excellent track record in leading evidence-based analysis in the field of development and gender-related issues;
- A Master’s degree in agriculture, political science, public policy, international relations, agri-business or other relevant discipline with a specialization in gender and development. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of this;
- An understanding of various African gender laws and devolution related legislations; Understanding of international conventions on gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Deep understanding of both the government and private sector policies and governance structures;
- Experience and proven capacity to communicate effectively with different counterparts (government authorities, heads of agencies, civil society, and the private sector) to align actors and build networks;
- Experience in managing complex initiatives with proven ability to develop high impact partnerships;
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop and empower employees to achieve their best with a team approach;
- Excellent organizational, and problem solving/decision making skills;
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethics;
- Results and detail orientated with a hands on approach;
- A working knowledge of French or Portuguese will be an advantage.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with this position’s responsibility will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Method of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to email@example.com. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 24th February, 2020.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love