If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for better and more sustainable use of livestock. ILRI is a CGIAR research centre – part of a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
Responsibilities for the Performance and Partnerships Manager Job
The incumbent will join a dynamic international team to implement the CGIAR Research Program on Livestock, and will be responsible for strengthening its performance management and supporting interdisciplinary research teams in the program’s target countries to be more effective and to engage with a wide range of partners and stakeholders. To strengthen the program’s performance management, the incumbent will work closely with the ILRI Research Methods Group and impact assessment research team in:
- Completing the design and implementation of the program’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Impact Assessment (MELIA) framework, including overseeing the finalization and roll-out of the related computer or web-based systems
- Managing MELIA components in the program’s planning and reporting processes and supporting program staff in their implementation, including facilitating regular review and strengthening of Theories of Change and their evidence base and guiding research teams in defining and monitoring their Change Pathways
- Defining and overseeing data collection for program performance indicators
- Coordinating internal and external evaluations and impact assessments
- Representing the program in CGIAR processes related to monitoring and evaluation
For country research teams
- Supporting country coordinators to strengthen interdisciplinary interaction within their teams
- Updating and overseeing implementation of a partnership strategy, especially with respect to improving the partnership skills of the country research teams
- Strengthening the rigor and quality of action research conducted at country level including ensuring adequate cross-country research design, integrated into
- MELIA planning and reporting processes
For overall program implementation
- Contributing to the development of the management strategy led by the Program Director and Program Management Committee.
- Supporting the Livestock Program Director,Program Management Committee, Independent Steering Committee and representing the Program Director when needed
- Assisting in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the program management unit and working closely with the Program Management staff ensure alignment with the Project Management Framework by
- Designing and implementing systems to track, monitor, report program calendar and deliverables, and coordinate with flagship leaders to ensure timely delivery of products and reports. Also through contributing to routine reporting with the Consortium on Program research deliverables, program briefs and financial reports.
- Responding to internal/external project information requests.
Performance and Partnerships Manager Job Requirements
- A Masters Degree in Evaluation, Social Sciences or related field, with a PhD in one of these fields an advantage
- At least 10 years relevant experience managing complex programs internationally in research or development organisations
- Experience of working in both Africa and Asia a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience in coordinating complex global programmes with numerous partners
- Demonstrated ability to support change processes and promote uptake of new management and evaluation systems
- Excellent managerial and multi-tasking skills
- Track record of showing initiative and making decisions at program level
- Flexibility and agility to deliver within short timeframes
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Excellent English language skills, with French or Spanish an advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should Click the Link below to apply online by sending a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development before 2 December 2016.
The position title and reference number PP/CRP/10/2016 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
Interested and qualified? Go to International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) career website on www.ilri.org to apply