We are: An international company, dedicated to innovative and sustainable development of the highest quality vegetable seeds. A leader in the vegetable seed business and #2 worldwide thanks to our mother company Limagrain A culturally diverse and collaborative team, working in over 30 countries, serving growers on every continent. Committed to our growers, shippers, distributors, and dealers. Their customers are our customers. Passionate about working side-by-side in the field with our customers to produce the most effective and reliable seeds for local growing. Focused on innovation, successful solutions, and customer satisfaction. Made up of farmers, researchers, scientists and project managers, dedicated to serving the needs of our customers. We care about solving today’s agricultural challenges with long term, sustainable solutions for the future. We are global. We are local. We are HM.CLAUSE. We specialize in the breeding, production, and sales of vegetable seeds. From the world market to the farmer’s market, we collaborate with our customers to deliver successful solutions for the agricultural challenges of today, and produce the highest quality seeds for the future. Our global team of experts and state-of-the-art research facilities enable us to work side-by-side with growers to provide the most regionally relevant and reliable vegetable seeds available. HM.CLAUSE is a business unit of Limagrain, an international co-operative agricultural group, specializing in field seeds, vegetable seeds and cereal products. With a team of 2,200 professionals in over 30 countries, we are dedicated to the sustainable solutions for the land, successful products for our customers, and intensive research and innovations for the future. HM.CLAUSE was formed in 2008, combining our two commercial brands, HARRIS MORAN in the USA and CLAUSE in France. However, the company roots go back to 1785, with its founding organization, Tezier. Our brands represent the best of all worlds, combining know-how, expertise and resources to create an exceptional company, doing extraordinary work. As a global company, each and every one of us is genuinely invested in our customers’ success and the future of our industry. We work to demonstrate our values of teamwork, collaboration, transparency and accountability in every office, laboratory, facility, farm and field, in each and every region, every day of the year.
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for all activities of the HM.CLAUSE Kenya production farm :
• Oversee, coordinate and manage the daily farm production operations with greenhouses, seedling nursery and open field plots
• Establish and ensure that operating budgets are followed
• In coordination with BU Supply managers , manage day-to-day seed production business aspects in Kenya.
• Provide up-to-date data and information on local issues impacting the BU production business in Kenya, to include:
- Production cost and pricing
- Farmer Capacity, capability and grower base
- New opportunities in terms of areas and growers suitable for vegetable seed production
• Responsible of sowing activity, pollination, harvest and seed extraction activities are conducted in a timely manner.
• Transplanting and cultivation: close follow up on crops with Managers on findings, ensure weeding, irrigation, staking, and pruning according to the farm policies
• Management of the production team, including supervisors and employees : recruitment, training and development of the team.
• Knowledgeable and aware of proper chemical use, IPM, environmental issues.
• GSPP Implementation
• Maintain good public relations with neighboring farms, regional and national government authorities (KEPHIS, NEMA,..) and other stakeholder organization,
• Maintain a collaborative environment with colleagues and implementation of the company policies
Ideally, you hold the following skills and qualifications:
• BSc or MSc in Agronomic Science or Agricultural Business. Preferably with strong emphasis on vegetable seed science.
• 5 years' experience in seed production supervision, preferably within a similar position.
• Excellent management skills and transparency.
• Analytical, problem solving, planning and resource management skills
• Desire to work in an intercultural context.
• Must be proactive, rigorous and flexible.
• Team player and motivator.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools
• Fluent English and Kiswahili.
We offer an excellent remuneration package and good career evolution possibilities
Interested and qualified? Go to HM.CLAUSE career website on talent.limagrain.com to apply