If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop schedules and targets for the field, laboratory, insectary and data teams.
- Ensure that quality assurance measures are put in place and adhered to in all data collection.
- Provide regular supervision of field, insectary, data and laboratory teams to ensure accuracy of data.
- Monitor progress and meet milestones according to a predefined work plan.
- Conduct preliminary analysis of data and report writing as required by the Entomology Technical Manager
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Minimum secondary school completion or Bachelors in Biomedical sciences or related fields preferred with at least 2 years of experience working in a busy entomology research environment.
- Detailed knowledge of field and laboratory entomology procedures.
- Must be experienced with budgeting for laboratory reagents to monitor consumption and timely placement of new orders
- Management and supervision experience.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal support from the Entomology Technical Manager.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English.
- 2+ years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Abt Associates career website on career4.successfactors.com to apply