Tuskys(Tusker Mattresses Limited) engages in retail business with a chain of supermarkets spread all over the main urban centres in Kenya and in Uganda. Our supermarkets range from Mega Supermarkets to Express (convenience) supermarkets aptly referred to as ‘Chap Chaps’ depending on the community needs around the location of the supermarkets.
Job description: This is a fantastic opportunity to work with the second largest retail chain in Kenya.
The candidate will be assisting the security at a regional level reporting to the Security Manager.
S/he will implement the planning, management and maintenance of the security operation within the designated region – actively working to reduce shrinkage, ensuring the business is protected against all known risks and threats on premises, products and personnel.
- Ensure implementation of Safety and Security, policies and procedures
- Respond to all Security Incident Reports and ensure that all procedures are implemented by contracted Security in a manner to minimize the overall impact to the image of the company
- Conduct follow up visits to ensure store compliance.
- Act as the Security liaison, working with all relevant third party suppliers to ensure all quotes, installation and maintenance are in line with the business requirements.
- Undertake investigations for all alleged breaches of Operational Policy.
- Professionally conduct written interviews and take witness statements when required.
- Manage the implementation and development of the existing controls to target internal dishonesty.
- Support the delivery of financial and performance targets associated with known and unknown loss and crime.
- Attend stock takes and implement relevant post stock take investigation.
- Participate in loss prevention committee and relay weekly reports on the same to the Security manager.
- Ensure proper documentation and records of IDTs, IBTs, GTNs and GRNs.
- Work with branch management to build and maintain strong business relationships
- Provide expertise in the emergency response and serious incident process.
- Protect the assets and interests of the company, its customers and staff so as to allow the company to operate effectively and safely at all times as well as Monitoring Loss Prevention, Theft, Damage, Injury and Liability of all customers and staff;
- Assess and report potential loss situations in the company in order that accidental loss may be prevented;
- Respond to all fire alarms and act in accordance with the standing fire instructions, also respond to all alarms, making a full investigation and reporting accordingly;
- Ensure all complaints are dealt with promptly and resolved to the satisfaction of the customer, informing the relevant persons;
- Identify and report maintenance requirements in the workplace;
- Undertake any other duty assigned by the security manager
- Bachelor’s degree in criminology, security studies or any other relevant discipline.
- Over 3 year’s security experience.
- Police training will be an added advantage.
- Result oriented, self-motivated and energetic.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and ability to coordinate teams.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong assessment, evaluation and analytical skills.
- Able to generate quality reports.
- Investigation skills an added advantage.
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of security operations and well networked in security industry.
go to method of application »
The candidate will provide maintenance services on refrigeration systems and installation of new refrigeration systems for sustained cold chain.
- Inspect and carry out preventive and corrective maintenance of refrigeration systems in the company.
- Attend to breakdown of refrigeration systems promptly.
- Regular servicing of cold chain equipment.
- Any other duties as assigned by your superior.
- KCSE C and above or equivalent
- Min Diploma in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning or
- Min Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 3 years refrigeration experience in relevant industry.
Work Related Skills
- Good communication skills.
- Change agility (flexible)
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings.
- Ability to follow through on defined tasks
- Good record keeping skills
- Must be a team player
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send their application to the email below by 15th January 2017.