KOKO Networks (www.kokonetworks.com) is an international venture-backed technology company with offices in Nairobi, Kampala and Mumbai. Our unique suite of technologies enables delivery of a range of consumer and business solutions that improve life in Africa’s cities. Our first Network will be built in Nairobi.
This position influences Consumer Value through increased Supply Chain efficiency in support of the KOKO Networks mission, vision and strategic goals. The overall objective of the position is to support the business in ensuring that high quality demand is fulfilled in a safe manner and with utmost care to the environment.
The position reports to the Chief Engineering and HSE Officer and is based in Nairobi.
This position provides or ensures:
- Effective Sales and Operations planning.
- Strategic supply chain forecasting is effective and aligned to customer demand.
- Effective sourcing, procurement and supplier development and management.
- Logistics management is efficient and effective.
- Warehousing and transportation operations are efficient and aligned to HSEQ Management System.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve processes that support the flow of materials and product to and from KNL facilities and agents
- Total Supply Chain Improvement Projects will reduce cost, improve service, and remove time from the supply chain.
- Optimized inventory management and master production scheduling.
- Effective budgeting to support business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Chemistry, Chemical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Post graduate training and certification in Supply Chain Management is an asset.
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management.
- Training in ISO 9000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 is desirable.
- 5-7 years of delivering high performance in Procurement, Engineering and Supply Chain experience.
- Creative, strategic thinking, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Expertise in sourcing, logistics, and clearing processes.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Effective leadership, communication, organizational and change management skills.
- Able to balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Process oriented with continuous improvement focus.
- Excellent MS Excel skills and experience in an ERP.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration, notice period required, e-mail and telephone contacts.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16th January 2017.
The primary responsibility of the Supply Chain Coordinator is to provide support in the management of inventory, supply sources, logistics and purchased materials and services as per anticipated demand.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in identifying, evaluation and selection and management of service providers with respect to quality cost and time.
- Support in establishing a smooth and cost effective supply chain transition from R&D to initial production to scaled manufacturing operations.
- Define sourcing, schedule requirements, material strategy for sourced components and logistics using best practices and policies.
- Prepare comprehensive cost analysis as basis for price negotiations with service providers
- Perform make-or-buy analysis supported by appropriately detailed cost projections.
- Ensure accurate product or component requirement planning and effective inventory management.
- Facilitate management of key service provider relationships and activities, both strategic and tactical, for components and subsystems.
- Constantly work to improve the efficiency of the supply chain, reducing costs and increasing responsiveness to stake holders.
- Ensure procured parts or services meets requirements.
- Perform network location analysis to determine optimal logistics footprint.
- Coordinate with vendors in the event of an issue with quality and complete nonconformance reports
- Support in establishing implementing and documenting best practice processes
Education & experience.
- Diploma/degree in Mechatronics, Supply Chain Management or other related field
- Certification in Supply chain, purchasing or ligistics field.
- 1 year experience in supply chain, purchasing or logistis in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated with keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment Software:
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience with ERP, and CRM is an asset
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.