Base Titanium Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Australian and UK listed company, Base Resources. It is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large scale mining development in Kenya and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful development of the project. Pragmatic and pro-active candidates with strong integrity and who work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
As a member of the Production Team, you will report to the Production Manager. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of procedures and controlling and training personnel to operate an efficient concentrator plant and ancillary services.
The main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a safe and efficient system of operations for the Concentrator
- Promoting a safe work environment
- Leading, training and coaching the team to run the Concentrator
- Providing processing and improvement advice to the operations team
- Achieving production throughput, qualities and recoveries as determined by the production plan
- Facilitating and planning for skills transfer to the team in line with Base Titanium succession plan
To succeed you will require:
- A Diploma in Process/Mining or Chemical Engineering
- A minimum of seven years and above experience with a good knowledge of mineral sands processing, five of which are in a Supervisory role
- A proven ability to define plant operating strategies to meet recovery and quality targets
- Good technical knowledge of Concentrator operations and an ability to identify and implement process improvements
- A good understanding of management of SOPs applicable to safe and effective Concentrator operation
- Proven experience of capital and operating budgets and an ability to prepare management reports
- An ability to work closely with maintenance teams to ensure a high level of mechanical availability
- A proven capability to manage a shift environment of up to 40 employees on a 3 shift system comprising expatriates and local nationals
- A strong safety background within a mining environment
- Excellent knowledge of systems development and implementation
Method of Application
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organisation, we encourage you to apply to the Production Manager online no later than 5th February 2017.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Apply now at the link below
Interested and qualified? Go to Base Titanium Limited career website on www.teamiq.com to apply