Mennonite Economic Development Associates of Canada (MEDA) is an association of Christians who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities. To learn more about MEDA and our work, please visit www.meda.org.
Location and Duration of Position: 1-year contract renewable up to project commencement. This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processing of Payment vouchers and cheque
• Maintaining accurate records of all the fixed assets / inventory monthly
• Review all staff travel advances & reimbursements.
• Review procurement documents to ensure appropriate bidding following the procurement policy.
• Prepare petty cash expenses and supporting documents for review, ensuring compliance. Verifying petty cash expenses and supporting documents from all MEDA Kenya offices.
• Prepare vehicle mileage / analysis
• Assist in preparing monthly financial reports.
• Assist with collecting financial information for the monthly, quarterly and annual budget
• Assist with the implementation of the audit plan & ensure all documents are in order
• Submit monthly financial retirement reports of advances allowed, with legitimate receipts and expense approvals.
• Participate in financial review of counter-part partners as and when requested.
• Any other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• University degree in Accounting or business related field.
• CPA certification-CPAK Certified Accountant.
• At least six years of experience working at a similar role, with at least 3 years in a donor funded project.
• Advanced use of MS office packages, and database management tools.
• Exposure to accounting software, and ability to learn quickly on the job.
• Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, values, mission and purpose.
Please send your resume by email with the title “Finance Assistant-3/2017” and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this position by 6th March, 2017 to email@example.com
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) career website on reliefweb.int to apply