Royal Media Services Limited is the largest electronic Media House in Kenya. Home to the most popular television and radio channels according to audience share, at Royal Media Services we fashion our programming primarily to connect with our audiences. Our brands are Citizen TV, Inooro TV, Radio Citizen, Ramogi FM, Inooro FM, Musyi FM, Chamgei FM, Muuga FM, Egesa FM, Bahari FM, Mulembe FM, Wimwaro FM, Sulwe FM, Hot 96 and Vuuka FM.
Royal Media Services Limited is recruiting for the below position.
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a suitably qualified individual to the position of a News Editor (Radio).
- Create and implement news strategies for all the radio platforms under Royal Media Services Ltd.
- Manage the news desk.
- Make judgements on matters of greater editorial sensitivity, prioritise and interpret key stories of the day.
- To provide editorial and creative leadership for all staff working in the radio news department (including producers, presenters, correspondents, reporters, digital team).
- Develop the programme’s editorial offering, maintaining and building high standards of story-telling and authoritative analysis.
- Provide a vision and strategic direction for the team, setting challenging objectives and monitoring performance.
- Manage and generate content for Citizen Digital platforms.
- Maintain close and effective contact with news sources.
- Assign duties to and guide reporters attached to the news desk in sourcing news, features etc.
- Maintain an up to date diary of major events and news of interest in all RMS radio stations, website and social media platforms as well as preparing a schedule of assignments.
- Ensure stories aired conform to journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style.
- Prepare quality stories and features, ensuring they are topical, balanced, informative, credible and analytical.
- Prepare commentaries, conduct live and recorded interviews.
- Ensure output is delivered within budget, and in the most cost effective manner possible.
- Have a good command of English and Kiswahili. (Attach Swahili and English voice demo)
- Strong writing, editing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and passion for news.
- Ability to work odd hours.
- At least 4 years Experience
- Clear understanding of media laws and ethics.
- Self driven, assertive, punctual and organized.
- Must have a nose for news, broad and strategic thinker and pay attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate a professional approach and appearance including enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust, loyalty and keep abreast with evolving trends
- A university degree in journalism / mass communication or related field from a recognized university.
- A master’s degree in communication or its acceptable equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a reputable newsroom, and at least two years as editor.
Method of Application
Avvlicants should please email your CV, Application Letter to email@example.com by 12th November, 2017 clearly indicating on the subject, JOB REF NO HRD/NER/11/2017. Quoting the region on the subject Example JOB REF NO HRD/NER/11/2017
The letter should be addressed to; THE HR DIRECTOR ROYAL MEDIA SERVICES PO BOX 7468-00300 NAIROBI Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.