Subtitle Editor at iFlix
Posted on: 15 November, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at iFlix
iflix is the subscription video on demand service offering thousands of hours of the best movies and TV shows from around the world for a single low monthly subscription. Driven by eye-wateringly good content, a fantastic product, the latest technology and outstanding people, we've developed a disruptive business and a culture which matches the huge ambition of the company.
WE AREN'T GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO EACH DAY, BUT HERE ARE SOME GUIDELINES.
- Translate source English subtitles into target language or proofread and correct machine translated subtitles created by our in-house automation.
- Update Glossary and Non-translatable term sheets in GDrive sheet.
Proofread and correct language and time cues of subtitle files from freelancers, vendors or distributors.
- Provide subtitle editing training to freelancers and new editors (as designated by Supervisor).
Create standard test files for freelancers and candidates in support of Supervisor.
- Provide constructive feedback to freelancers and vendors regarding subtitle QC jobs in evaluation via Supervisor.
- Create subtitles for trailers from trailer master subtitle file or an audio transcription (when source language is local content).
- Ensure that all subtitles are properly translated (this includes online research) and adheres to established style guidelines.
- Acting team leader or back up for supervisor when designated to do so.
- Assist in the ad-hoc translation and edition of metadata and/or marketing materials (synopses upon request from Supervisor).
- Re-conform subtitle files to the master a/v file whenever the master has been altered from its original length (censorship or version replacement) or when working with subtitle files sourced from distributors.
- Convert and check source subtitle files that are not in the native .srt format.
- Screen & fix Subtitles file naming format before being submitted for transcoding at origin when instructed by coordinator.
The pace and size of what you will be building is unparalleled, and your ability to make your unique mark in this high-profile arena will be passionately encouraged
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to iFlix career website on jobs.jobvite.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about iFlixSimilar Jobs
- Retail Business Coordinator at Career Outsourcing
- Project Manager at Visual Fusion
- Media Manager at BBC
- Job Vacancy at iflix
- Paid Social Account Manager at Made in Digital