If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2016, Wärtsilä's net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Services Contract Management has the execution responsibility for different types of long term service contracts as our customers’ partner. Globally the business covers 600 installations both on land and sea and is one of the strategic growth areas within the Services Division.
Wärtsilä Eastern Africa - Kipevu II Power Plant (Mombasa) is looking for an Electrical Supervisor with the following duties and responsibilities, skills and qualifications;-
Coordinate daily electrical maintenance activities to ensure that the equipment, machinery and instruments functions reliably and safely at the plant.
Ensure that the facilities, buildings and plant are in good working order.
- Coordinate daily electrical maintenance activities at the plant and/or assigned team.
- Ensure that the performance targets of the plant are reached according to the contract in own responsibility area.
- Train maintenance procedures and standards for the new workers.
- Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts and tools and ensure those are maintained according to applicable guidelines and policies and take corrective actions when needed.
- Ensure that the work is executed at plant according to Wärtsilä Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures as well as assigned maintenance plan.
- Inspect completed work to ensure that repairs have been completed correctly and that machinery and equipment conform to specifications and safety standards.
- Coach and mentor maintenance staff and assist them to diagnose more complex problems with machinery or equipment problems.
- Develop the maintenance working routines at the plant.
- Prioritize and assign tasks so that assigned team resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met
- Communication Skills
- Cost awareness & effectiveness
- Maintenance Management
- Auxiliary system knowledge
- Engine knowledge, medium speed
- Electrical Knowledge
- Low/medium/high voltage components
- Engine control system knowledge
- Operator’s station knowledge
- Trouble shooting of electrical equipment
- Trouble shooting, control & autom. system
- Measurement equipment, electrical
- Technical drawings and flow charts
- Parameter trending and analysis
- Equipment/plant condition & efficiency monitoring and control
- BSC electrical/electronic At least 8 years experience in Power plant
Contact person to give further information Redante Olaes
Tel No +254207602469
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd career website on careers.fi to apply