If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Crop Science is a division in Bayer East Africa, a subsidiary of Bayer AG, and one of the world's leading innovative crop science companies in the areas of crop protection, non-agricultural pest control, seeds and traits, seeks to recruit qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following positions:
Ref No. 2018/HR/CS-003
Reporting to Global Head of Smallholder Farming, the Smallholder Farming Manager- Africa will develop, implement and follow-up dedicated business models in the smallholder segment in defined countries and crops in alignment with the global smallholder farming strategy. The major goals are: to improve livelihood of farmers and to ensure sustainable and scalable value creation in the segment. The position is based in Nairobi and major focus will be on Africa Countries.
Major Tasks and responsibilities
- Characterize the smallholder relevant markets for each country and crop in scope, comprising competitive analyses, agriculture gap analyses and farmers' needs, portfolio and regulatory assessment, digital assessment, identify the key partners along the value chain and define appropriate business models
- Define the appropriate project platform structure, including value chain partners wherever appropriate, including implementation and scale-up plans, governance and monitoring schemes and digital solutions. For this, the engagement and training of the country smallholder farming manager has to be seen as an additional responsibility at the beginning of each initiated crop/country platform. I Supervise implementation of the Smallholder Farming initiatives in several countries, in close cooperation with the respective country Smallholder Farming managers and take the lead in preparing the implementation of future projects in additional countries and crops
- Contribute to the overall Smallholder farming strategy and community management and represent Bayer, in particular Smallholder Farming, in relevant meetings, trainings and regular partner and stakeholder management activities.
- Analyze and monitor the overall trends in smallholder farming, including the use of digital solutions, and provide long-term planning assumptions, as well as revised financial plans for the respective country/crop platforms
- In liaison with the relevant departments, provide regular project presentations/reports to ensure both internal and external communications and visibility of the Smallholder Farming Initiative.
- A university degree, preferred MSc., MBA or PhD, in agricultural sciences, international relations, development or policy and or a minimum of 5 -10 years of related professional experience with previous experience in managing international projects, preferably in developing countries
- English language fluency spoken and written is a must.
- Experience with modern digital mobile applications is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to relate well with people at different levels of authority and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Competencies Customer focus, Drives results, Collaborates, Business insights
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter, a detailed CV with three professional referees including daytime contact not later than 26th July 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.