The Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa is an International Baccalaureate World School that seeks to provide students of all backgrounds from primary to higher secondary with an education of the highest standard in order to prepare them for lives characterized by leadership and service.
The Academy seeks to recruit candidates for the following position:
Reports to: Head of Finance
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will play a central role in supporting Head of Finance and the Finance team to effectively manage the Finance function and meet the overall strategic goals of the Academy
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee daily operations of ail areas of finance including cash management, banking, accounting, management of fees and accounts payables and fixed assets management.
- Working with the Head of Finance on budgeting process and ensure effective monitoring
- Ensure all procurement comply with the authority matrix and procurement guidelines.
- Manage ail statutory compliance and ensure payment of taxes, rates and other statutory dues.
- Facilitate internal and external audits and ensure implementation of audit recommendations
- independently manage accounting process and ERP system for timely reporting.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors Degree from a recognized university
- Professional Qualification in a finance related field e.g CPA, CSIA, CFA, ACCA with at least 5 years’ experience in finance and 2 years In similar position.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting and hands-on experience of ERR
- A high level of Integrity needed to handle fiscal responsibilities and confidential Information.
go to method of application »
Position Summary: The Head Teacher will be responsible for the pedagogical and administrative management of Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi – Junior School, provision of high quality education and support the school’s positioning as an IB World School of Excellence in Nairobi and as an integral part of the Academy.
S/he will drive the academic and extra-curricular programmes of the school, provide leadership for the students and staff, monitor performance against targets and quality Indicators, and oversee day-to-day operations of the school.
S/he will drive the academic and extra-curricular programmes of the school, provide leadership for the students and staff, monitor performance against targets and quality Indicators, and oversee day-to-day operations of the school,
- In consultation with the AKES,K Leadership team, develop annual objectives, school development plan and quality indicators that ensure delivery of a relevant, high quality education
- Monitor school, staff and student performance, conduct a school self-evaluation and provide senior leaders with regular reports on progress achieved against strategic and operational goals
- Strengthen the implementation and continued performance and success of the IBO-PYP curriculum and monitor the PYP action plan, enabling AKJAN to become a model school in the implementation of this curriculum
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to meet and maintain authorization requirements for the lBO, Where required, ensure plans for CIS accreditation are developed, tracked and target dates met
- Ensure systems are in place for tracking individual students and their progress through the school year and through the school, identify areas where students need additional support to ensure “no child is left behind”.
- Build a high-performance team, committed to achieving the vision of the school
. Manage the budget, resources and assets of the school, and ensure that all school funds are appropriately allocated and administered as specified in the school’s financial plan.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education/A post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited university, with qualifications in IB Primary Years Programme Teaching and Teacher Service Commission registration.
- At least five years’ experience in international curriculum schools, including experience in the International Baccalaureate system and at least two years as head of a primary school
- Good understanding of, and experience in curriculum management, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Understanding of 21st century education practices, strategies for raising students achievement and effective frameworks for school improvement planning and self-evaluation
- Experience in the developing world and in Africa will be highly desirable
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application indicating the Job Title as the Subject of the email and a detailed curriculum vitae, before May 31, 2019 to email@example.com.
The Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa,
Mbuyuni Road, Kizingo,
P.O. Box 90066 80100,