The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water and energy solutions in the region. The group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda and South Sudan. The company has a total complement of over 800 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region. Applications are invited for the position of Solar Projects Engineer at the head office in Nairobi.
The principal job tasks being as follows: -
- Technically lead engineering teams on a wide range of on and off grid solar PV projects.
- Designing and preparation of solar PV proposals in response to customer requirements.
- Participate in solar PV project deployments, supervision, monitoring, inspection and desnagging.
- Carrying out technical service visits and provide technical support as required.
- Understand East African regional grid and solar PV requirements, installation standards, and implementation costs.
- Build relationships with strategic equipment suppliers and serve as the key contact person for EPC partners
The successful candidate will have the following attributes: -
- 5 years' experience in Solar PV projects.
- Graduate in a relevant discipline from a recognised university
- Minimum Upper Second Class Hons Degree.
- Licenced as a Solar PV Technician by the ERC.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Computer skills including MS Office packages, MS Project and Autocad
- Experience using SMA PV design software
- Project management skills including ability to organize, schedule, prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Strong relational intelligence, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and abilities:
- Engineering bachelor's degree – Upper 2nd Class.
- Minimum 4 years' work experience with proven record of selling generators and power solutions.
- Professional Engineering registration license.
- A self-starter, energetic and go-getter who can work without close supervision.
- Integrity, hard work ethic and good presentation skills.
- Be a natural forward planner, credible and comfortable dealing with company executives.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A driver's license, computer skills including MS Office packages, MS Project and Autocad.
The successful candidate will assist in:
- Offering Product support to the frontline departments.
- Managing and training staff.
- Identifying new product opportunities and developing appropriate sales approaches to promote product sales.
- Achieving sales of products and strategies to grow Group Revenue.
- Planning, Organizing and Executing Segment plan.
- Effectively communicate client needs to the R&D teams for future product enhancements
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will report to the Logistics Department Manager and will be charged with the following responsibilities;
- Assist, as required, with logistics, program and administrative functions.
- Assist with filing for all administration and schedule related documents.
- Identify vehicle problems and malfunctions, including, performing routine and nonroutine check-up and maintenance.
- Maintain and ensure assigned vehicle(s) are always in a neat, clean and good mechanical condition.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate or diploma any related field.
- Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s).
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Cause lasting not less than one (1) week
- Passed Suitability Test for Driver Grade III;
- Passed Practical Test for Drivers conducted recognised institution;
- Ability to drive 10T truck
- AValid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police; and
- At least two (3) years driving experience
- Self-motivated, disciplined and effective team player.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of specialists in the water and energy sectors which have significant potential for future growth. The job will provide a challenging and stimulating work environment with excellent growth opportunities for the successful candidates.
If you meet the set requirements and would like to be considered, please apply for the role by 19th July 2019.