Editec's partners have 1200 shops across Africa and 60,000 agents from Dakar in Senegal to Maputo in Mozambique, Lusaka in Zambia to Kigali in Rwanda. Over 21 countries in all. Two billion transactions per year. Of course, our Online continues to grow across all of our territories, but the heart of the business is still on the street.
This is where customer acquisition still operates in the shop window, the billboard, the street events as well as online. This is where the customer's love of football, virtuals and real, creates a buzz in your day to day job.
It's not for the feint hearted - but nothing exciting ever is. This is running a country operation and its network in some tough places. Where living as an expat has its rewards and its challenges.
This position is a hands-on role, requiring field work and visits to local retail stores and work with agents.
Please be aware that this position could be based anywhere in East Africa, we aren't specifically recruiting for Kenya at this time.
You miss the thrill of the High Street - the passion of the betting shop and the feel of an actual betting slip or lottery numbers in the customer's hands.
Retail and Operations:
- Review and analyse sales statistics for each retail store and provide required directions and advice on how to continue to increase sales.
- Continuously monitor agents' sales patterns and develop "Performance-Related Pay Models," considering factors such as: payments for best sales agents, local income levels, our product pricing and prices of competitors.
- Ensure that the local accounting team makes all sales and cash collections from the agents and shops in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conduct field analysis and map territories to expand network through agents, new retail stores set-up or Franchise agreement (where applicable).
- Ensure Company standards are met across Retail, Marketing and Customer Service.
- Ensure to safely organise payments for all winnings, especially those related to larger payments for lottery winners.
- Prepare OPEX and investment budget projections and detailed cash flow analysis of the business, with P&L responsibility.
- Assist the Operation Manager to propose and organise marketing campaigns to the demographic present in the country/area. Assist in arranging any campaigns in relation to Lottery Winners.
- Conduct market studies to collect customer feedback and generate reports on the findings for the Product and Marketing teams.
- Conduct reviews of the competitors in the given country and produce quarterly reports on their Business actions (product, pricing, marketing etc.).
- Source and negotiate commercial licensing, distribution and supply agreements. Review contracts and ensure all required adjustments are negotiated and amendments are implemented, with the aim of minimising risk while protecting the interest of the business.
- Ensure compliance with the country's legislations and regulations.
- Assist in preparation of documentations and presentations for the local tax office and Gaming Board.
- Hiring of local business divisions: HR, Marketing, Accounting, Retail, IT.
- Recruit local agents: normally estimated to range from 200-400 agents in initial project set up. Ensure retention of agents through ongoing training and motivation as well as assistance with choice of best points of sale.
- Tailor or draft training to the specific project/product launch. Ensure to train all agents and staff on any new product releases.
- Provide full training on product, cross-selling techniques and ticket printing machines.
- Act as a role model and train local retail managers on the full scope of Managerial skills.
- Previous experience in Gambling industry
- Successfully completed university at a BA or Masters degree
- Excellent oral and written English (and ideally with French language skills)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Strong analytical skills and can focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
- Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative and independent working style
- Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment
- Experience gained preferably across emerging markets (optional)
Success criteria for the role includes: Versatility, management and leadership skills, business knowledge as well as targeted achievements (work ethics and discipline).
Other: You would be required to hold a valid passport and ensure you have obtained all vaccinations required for the given country. The Company will manage all visa applications and arrange transportation and accommodation. The position of the Operations Manager may require working and living in challenging environments. The duties listed above are not definitive.
- $80,000 - $100,000 (net) annual salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Western Style Accommodation with additional costs covered for a cleaner (can accommodate a family)
- 2 return tickets per year
- 4 week vacations
- Private Medical Cover (with essential Dental cover and well-being package)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Editec career website on www.linkedin.com to apply