Sabatia Eye Hospital a not-for-profit organization founded in 1996 to offers quality eye care service at a low cost.
Job Purpose: To provide holistic Ophthalmic Nursing services to both inpatient and outpatient within the pediatric Unit.
- While working under the direct supervision of a Senior Nursing Officer, the Pediatric Ophthalmic Nurse shall provide the following care to children with different eye conditions.
- Manage children referred from general practitioners and primary healthcare units, perform initial screening, monitor disease progression, and assist with early treatment of chronic ocular conditions.
- Provide pre-operative care and prepare patients to undergo eye surgery.
- Perform primary, follow-up, and discharge assessments of patients who have undergone surgery.
- Function as both an educator and a practitioner.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
- Higher Diploma in Ophthalmic or Pediatric Nursing will be an added advantage
- Kenya Registered Nurse from a recognized nursing training institution
- Must be licensed by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Three years working experience in Ophthalmic or Pediatric Nursing
- Ability to provide pre-operative care, patient assessment and post-operative assessment
- Knowledge on ocular anatomy and the instruments used in ophthalmology
- A quick learner, adaptable and able to work well under pressure.
- Good organization and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their application letters, a detailed curriculum vitae, certificates and contacts of three referees on or before October 14, 2019 to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR at the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Sabatia Eye Hospital
P.O Box 214 - 50311
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Sabatia Eye Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer.