Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade.
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Finance Coordinator to help support its Revenue Management function for its High Schools.
- Love all things Invoicing, Collections & A/R Management for a Network of Schools
- Have a knack for fast, professional & timely customer care
- Have an accounting background to be able to handle fast-paced & structured reporting systems to manage various work-streams on a weekly basis (added project management background a plus)
This is the job for you!
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About the role:
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Billing & Collections
- Generate accurate termly / annual invoices for various fee streams
- Ensure collection of all billings by set deadlines
- Provide 2nd level comms for all queries that can’t be resolved at 1st level
- Ensure all customer queries (phone & email) are responded to in 24 hours.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Thorough product knowledge so that you can answer all customer queries.
- Ensure records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
- Communicate and coordinate with colleagues as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Bank Reconciliations & Ledger Management
- Ensure daily reconciliation of all receipts that come in the previous day
- Ensure generation of customer receipts and emailing them to customers as part of daily reconciliation
- Resolve any escalation of missing receipts with relevant colleagues and partners
- Ensure follow up for receipts missing billing with relevant colleagues & partners
Skills, Experience & Qualifications required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (in Business preferred)
- CPA - Section IV (or its equivalent) minimum
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience (Revenues & Collections Management is a plus!)
- Customer service experience
- Experience in a startup or in a company that gives you significant autonomy and responsibility is a plus!
- Results-driven: goal-oriented, move fast and take ownership of work.
- Excitement about our organizational culture and in particular, be fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a fire-hose of feedback.
- Ability to treat all confidential information with the utmost professionalism.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nova Pioneer career website on novaacademies.applytojob.com to apply