The Safal Group is Africa’s largest producer of steel roofing and the sole producer of Aluminium Zinc coated steel on the continent.The Safal Group has built a portfolio of trusted brands which are delivered through operations in more than 12 countries in Eastern and Southern Africa.
Reports to (designation): Production Manager
Main purpose of the position:
Responsible for control of manufacturing process parameter and activities at Metal Coating line.
Working with Production, Production Planning, Quality Assurance and Maintenance teams, Oversee technical activities and coordinate metal coating for effective line utilization and equipment health.
Reporting in to this position (designation and level)
Routine/Direct: Shift Engineers MCL.
Functional/Indirect: Shift Maintenance Engineers, shift Utility Engineer, shift Quality Control Engineer, shift Production Planners.
- production and quality management at MCL.
- Oversee the Metal Coating process and ensure cost effective production.
- Monitor product standards and implement quality-control programs to ensure timely production and acceptable quality.
- Ensuring optimum equipment capacity utilization against requirements; analyse quality and quantity of production and initiate corrective actions to eliminate deficiencies.
- Monitor equipment breakdowns, and other aspects affecting planned schedules; initiate solutions for repetitive equipment failures and product complaints.
- Schedule and organise the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment.
- Support Maintenance programmes to ensure MCL and other allied equipment are healthy.
- Cost and consumption control of Metals, gas, electrical energy, Sink rolls, etc. at MCL to ensure that they conform to the Budget targets.
- Ensure compliance to Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety policies and guidelines.
- Maintain system conformance to ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001 standards at and MCL.
- Implement and support 6 K activities.
- working with other managers to implement the company's policies and goals
- Ensure Preparation and circulation of daily, weekly ,monthly ,quarterly and annual MIS reports for information and corrective actions
- Performing other duties as assigned by the management from time to time.
- Budgetary responsibility:
- Monitor and Control of Metal coating line variable cost as per set targets.
- Manage plant productivity to ensure volume achievement as per set targets.
- Procurement responsibility:
- Monitor and control of consumables
- Raising purchase requisitions for replenishment of required items.
- Ensure desired quality of the procured materials and give feedback to the suppliers in the case of non-conformances.
go to method of application »
- Overall responsible for site operations including manufacturing, maintenance and site coordination of EHS and quality assurance
- Overall responsibility for the workforce at the site.
- Develop and provide appropriate regular reports.
- Continuously ensure compliance with statutory and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for inventory at site
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives related to 5K/EHS.
- Lead new projects for equipment up-gradation at site
- Ensure cost optimization and improve the productivity of the workforce
- Any other duty assigned
- To ensure Variable cost budget is maintained / within the control
- Operational expenditure up to an agreed limit
Qualifications required: Minimum academic qualification: Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- General work experience (years): At least 10 years
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 5 years
- Industry: Manufacturing
Key competencies and skills:
- Analytical skills
- Leadership Skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication skills
- Change management skill
- Microsoft Office packages
- ERP systems
- Fast-paced and prompt
- Result oriented
- Energetic and Enthusiastic
- High level of integrity
Additional/specific work requirements: Experience working in the Steel sector
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send applications to email@example.com