- To head the Finance department of the University and ensure effective accountability to the Vice-Chancellor or his/her appointee for proper management and implementation of activities in the Department
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- To ensure the preparation of the University annual budget and ensure that they are aligned with the University’s Strategic plan.
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement as appropriate, based on findings,make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to Management while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the University should take to maintain the financial health.
- Develop trends and projections for the University’s finances and Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities. Liase with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Performing any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (A&F) or the Vice-Chancellor from time to time.
Finance Job Qualifications
- Doctorate in related field from a recognized Institution
- CP (K)/ACCA finalist
- At least three (3) years work experience as Deputy Finance Officer – Scale 14
- Membership registration with ICPAK or any other relevant professional body
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results through appraisal process
- Management training lasting not less than four (4 weeks)
- Proficiency in information and Communication Technology
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The appointment will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
Successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government public service guideline
Applicants for the positions of Farm Manager & Senior Internal Auditor should send soft copies of their applications via e-mail address to Vice-Chancellor at email@example.com. or hand delivered applications to be dropped in the Procurement Box in the Vice-Chancellor’s office using the Vice-Chancellor’s address given below or send by post.
All applicants should submit detailed curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, and membership of the professional associations, copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts.
Applicants should provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees. Applicants are advised to contact their referees to write and send confidential reports directly using the addresses given below to be received not later than 21st November, 2017.
The Chairman of Council, University of Eldoret, P.O BOX 1125-30100, ELDORET, KENYA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vice-Chancellor, University of Eldoret, P.O. Box 1125-30100, ELDORET, KENYA. Email: email@example.com
Applications should be received on or before Friday the 14th November, 2017 at 4.00 pm. NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
University of Eldoret is an Equal Opportunity Employer and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.