Pest Control Products Board serves to execute the PCP Act of the government of Kenya, of Ed 1983. To ensure access to safe, quality and efficacious pest control products for animal, plant and human health while safeguarding their health and the environmental protection.
We are committed to provide an efficient and effective regulatory service for importation, exportation, manufacture, distribution, transportation, sale, disposal and safe use of pest control products and mitigate potential harmful effects to the environment.
Senior Laboratory Technologist
The Pest Control Products Board, a Statutory Organization of Government invites applications from qualified candidates for the following vacant position:-
Duties and responsibilities
- maintenance of specimen/culture banks
- conduct quality control on reagents, equipment, products and varied test kits
- maintain laboratory equipment and instruments
- maintain quality control and functionality of instruments
- co-ordination of the provision of laboratory services
- management and supervision of laboratory services
- laboratory investigations
- training of staff
- served in the grade of Laboratory Technologist for a minimum period of five (5) years three (3) of which must be in the level of Laboratory Technologist or in a comparable position OR a Higher National Diploma in any of the following: Applied Biology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Analytical/Applied Chemistry, Food Science, or a relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Medical Laboratory Technology,
- Bio-technology, Bio-chemistry, Analytical/Applied Chemistry, Food Science, or its equivalent from a recognized institute
- three (3) years’ experience as a laboratory technologist;
- served in the grade of Laboratory Technologist I for a minimum period of seven (7) years in a comparable position
- attended a senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
- Proficiency in computer application skills.
Method of Application
Send your application, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copy of national ID, full contact address including daytime telephone number and copies of certificates/ supporting documents stating the area of study to Chief Executive Officer/ Secretary by 27th March, 2018.
Chief Executive Officer/ Secretary
P.O. Box 13794-00800
Applicants should submit duly filled application for internship program form available on the PCPB website
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Canvassing directly or indirectly will lead disqualification.
- Gender, ethnicity, disability and regional balance considerations will be applied in the selection process.
The Board does not guarantee employment after completion of the internship program