Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding.
We currently seek to recruit an Electrical Technician who will work in our Maintenance Services department:
A typical day for you might include the following
- Hands on maintenance of machinery – electrical.
- Train operators on AM and PM of equipment – electrical.
- Ensure operators conduct AM as required for both equipment – electrical
- Conduct PM as required of both equipment – electrical.
- Respond to breakdowns and resolve them immediately – electrical.
- Record all maintenance data – electrical related.
- Test and implement equipment improvements.
- Maintain electricals for all facilities – Kinanie and Sameer.
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering. A Degree in Electrical Engineering is desired.
- Must have knowledge on TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) and RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance)
- Demonstrate ability to conduct and train on Autonomous Maintenance activities.
- Ability to overhaul machines/engines. Ability to conduct Preventive Maintenance activities.
- Must have knowledge in electrical installation, service and repairs
- Ability to maintain electrical aspects of equipment and facilities.
- Ability to resolve breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Willingness to try new approaches.
- Needs to be proactive.
- Demonstrable experience in maintenance of electricals in equipment.
- Ability to work well with others.
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.