Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country.
The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni – Mombasa.
Security Officer I
Post Ref: 8000-02/2018
Reporting to the Senior Security Officer, the Security Officer will be responsible for providing the strategic direction and overall management of security matters within the organization.
- Ensure overall management of Internal security personnel and all outsourced security providers including hired security guards, national police, and any other enforcement agencies within KFS and coordinate all security related matters in the organization including meetings (with both internal and external staff), security awareness campaigns;
- Evaluate and appraise performance of hired security service providers and other enforcement agencies deployed to support the organization security needs and make appropriate
- Spearhead development and implementation of company security manuals, policies, work instructions and other necessary tools
- Conduct investigations on serious security matters and make appropriate interventions and/or recommendations on such and other security reports for management and follow up with relevant authorities.
- Conduct security assessments of the entire facility in compliance with policy requirements and the ISPS code and make appropriate reports and follow up for implementation
- Organization Security planning including: Preparation of security budgets in consultation with Finance department; Procurement plan for security in consultation with Procurement department;
- Spearhead, coordinate and implement security awareness activities for staff and Ferry users and relevant stakeholders
- Represent the organization in forums and stakeholders engagement activities on security related matters and any other issues of concern to the organization
- Advise management on security issues within the organization; and
- Develop and maintain a working network within the law enforcement agencies ranks, the local administration, the county government and any other relevant agency
- A minimum of Bachelors’ Degree in Social Sciences/Security Management/Law Enforcement
- Must have actively served in the disciplined services (National Police Service, KDF) and attained the rank of an Officer
- A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience
- Standard Training for Certification and Watch keeping (STCW) will an added advantage
- Must be Computer Literate
- Have Analytical Skills
- Ability to write complex reports
- Must possess High integrity level
- Must have Communication skills
- Must have interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Method of Application
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV containing academic qualifications, professional qualifications, work experience, current and expected remuneration, email addresses, day telephone contacts as well as copies of relevant certificates, testimonials, national identification card, are invited from persons qualified for the positions described above. The applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of at least three professional referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and area of specialization.
Applications by qualified and suitable applicants for the position should be sent to the undersigned to be received on or before 14th December, 2018
The Managing Director,
Kenya Ferry Services Limited,
Gaza Road, Off Mwinyi Babu Road – Peleleza
P.O. Box 96242 – 80110,
The reference number and title of the position applied for MUST be clearly indicated on the ENVELOPE.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization. Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas and women are encouraged to apply.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.