If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Samasource is a social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty. We build technology that helps leverage the brain power of the poor so they can lift themselves out of poverty by providing valuable services to companies around the world. We are a dynamic and growing team with a big vision--to reduce worldwide poverty and its effects through technology. We need the best people to help us achieve it. We like to move fast and get things done. If you join us, you’ll be able to make an immediate impact, connect with some of the brightest people in the fields of social enterprise, impact sourcing, and tech. Samasource is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including eBay, Google, Cisco, and the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Analyst will be responsible for Partnering with client internal teams to ensure that decisions made by Vendor’s content moderation staff are being regularly audited for accuracy and that performance feedback is being shared with the responsible teams.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Works closely with Quality Leaders to aggregate, prioritize, and report on the top issues impacting decision accuracy for each market.
- As new Content Policies are being developed and prototyped, provides details to local teams around the impact of the policy change on the team’s current work and surfaces gaps in knowledge, process, and technology between the intent of the Content Policy and how content review actually takes place.
- Delivers just-in-time training to auditors on new or changing Content Policies as well as “refresher” training on existing Content Policy on an as-needed basis.
- Actively re-reviews decision accuracy audits to ensure consistency and alignment with our community standards and internal policies.
- Manages investigations of escalations of inaccurate decisions, to understand the root cause(s), especially in cases where policies are new, the content is ambiguous, or the decision has an outsized impact if incorrect.
- Mentors auditors on the use of audit tools and systems.
- Develops process documentation and aggregates feedback about the functionality of audit tools.
- Develops a plan on the method and frequency of assessing the quality of transactions against set best standards across work streams and communicating the same to the relevant stakeholders on a weekly basis.
- Provide feedback to Team Leaders on identified quality gaps that individual members of the team need to improve on, for coaching.
- Provide recommendations on measures that should be taken to improve quality/defect reduction across the different business work streams.
- Analyze client feedback to determine validity and needed interventions.
- Compile and send daily, weekly and monthly quality reports to the Training and Quality Manager and the relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Operations to ensure that best standards are revised and updated where need be.
- Keep an up-to-date record of individual agents’ quality performance for use in performance reviews.
- Participate in team briefings to provide the Quality Analysis objective and also sit in calibration sessions.
Minimum of a Degree in a business related field.
- Passion for providing 1:1 support to people with accuracy and empathy.
- Exceptional attention to detail and nuance.
- Fluent in reading, speaking and writing English and at least one of the following languages; Swahili /Afrikaans/ Zulu/Hausa/ Somali/Oromo/Amharic or Luganda, including development of effective presentations tailored for a leadership audience.
- Planning, organizing, reporting and analysis skills.
- Fast learner with the ability to break down complex information into simple concepts.
- Track record of developing and maintaining expertise on corporate policies and/or community standards.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a highly dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and work independently in an unstructured environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Conflict prevention and resolution skills.
- Fully computer literate on MS programs.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience assisting with the implementation of complex operational procedures including creation/delivery of classroom-style training and documentation in a busy contact centre.
- Experience in both data and voice accounts will be advantageous.
Applications close on January 23, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Samasource career website on www.linkedin.com to apply