United Millers Limited is committed to use high quality inputs, latest process technologies, highly skilled man power, affordable price control for all products and continual improvement of our Quality Management System.
We will continue to grow and expand our business to keep pace with the demands of the growing population and its needs, enriching the life of all stakeholders from employees, investors and customers.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
No. direct Reports: 0
Work Schedule: 6 days per week (Mon-Sat)
Domestic Travel: <=20%
Status: Kenyan Citizen
Relationship: Contract Employment
Other Provisions: TBD
Summary of Role
The Mechanical Artisan for the Bakery is involved in equipment repair and preventive maintenance services on sophisticated mechanical components of bakery equipment to ensure continuous operation of machinery and production processes..
Key Job Responsibilities
Ad Hoc Repairs
- The Mechanical Artisan responds immediately to equipment-related problems and installs, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs across all equipment in the business area to ensure minimal downtime.
- The Mechanical Artisan manages and schedules repairs on operating equipment in the processing and/or packaging operations, whenever possible, and remains cognizant of quality standards as product quality can be easily compromised. Observes and tests operation of sophisticated hydraulic, pneumatic and/or mechanical as well as basic electrical devices to evaluate, identify and resolve operating problems.
- The Mechanical Artisan dismantles equipment and machinery to identify, remove, repair and/or replace damaged or deteriorated components and reassembles appropriately. Monitors equipment meters and makes adjustments as needed.
- The Mechanical Artisan recommends continuous improvement ideas to the Team Leader or the Shift Coordinator and provides information related to technical issues and equipment problems. Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area Observes all safety guidelines, company rules and regulations, and good manufacturing practices in the performance across outputs and deliverables.
Maintain Repair and Maintenance Logs and Records
- The Mechanical Artisan performs preventive maintenance on equipment and machinery to include repair/replacement of bearings, valves, actuators, sensors, gearboxes, conveyors, lubrication of parts, cleaning of filters, recalibration of controls, changing line gaskets, adjusting components and/or cleaning of equipment.
- Maintains maintenance logs and work order documentation on equipment repairs.
Candidate Selection Criteria
- The Mechanical Artisan should have at least 5-7 years’ experience working with manufacturing and production equipment mechanical components. Demonstrating participation in on-the-job training or apprenticeship programs are an added advantage.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have Mechanical Artisan experience in one or more of the following:
- Milling and Baking plant equipment
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods production equipment
- Food and Beverage manufacturing equipment
- A candidate possessing a technical diploma or associate’s degree in mechanical technology is an added advantage.
- Deductive Reasoning – Mechanical Artisans need to be able to look for problems in complicated mechanical settings, isolate the issue and solve it.
- Logic – Mechanical Artisans need to be able to look at operating blueprints and scan them for issues, making sure that they work before installed.
- Manual Dexterity – Working with heavy equipment, using hand tools and handling small components requires manual dexterity for the Mechanical Artisan.
- Mathematical Knowledge – Mechanical Artisans must have a good command of mathematics. Math is needed to analyze and create mechanical schematics.
- Observation – Mechanical Artisans need to be able to look at mechanical components and evaluate them for any problems, to make sure they are being installed correctly
- Problem-Solving – Mechanical Artisans need to be able to identify issues and make corrective measures to fix problems with all mechanical components
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the above qualification should send their application attaching their CV, cover letter and send them via email to the email@example.com by 21st March 2019 at 5.00pm, indicating the position applied for as the subject matter.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.