The Micro and Small Enterprises Authority (MSEA) is a State Corporation established under Micro and Small Enterprises Act No. 55 of 2012.
Legal Officer, Ref. No: MSEA-41/7/2019
- Preparing and reviewing legal documents/instruments;
- Preparing legal opinions and preparing legal briefs;
- Drafting legal documents, leases and contracts;
- Undertaking research on specific legal areas;
- Identifying issues and areas for legal policy formulation and review;
- Ensuring compliance with the policy, legal requirements and provisions in all the undertakings of the MSEA;
- Advising the MSEA on all legal matters;
- Representing the MSEA in litigations and other legal matters;
- Safeguarding the interest of the MSEA in all legal matters;
- Liaising with the Office of the Attorney General on legal matters;
- Coordinating the implementation of work plans and performance management;
- Ensuring safe custody of MSEA’s legal documents and records.
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Laws (LLB) from a recognized institution;
- Have Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Have a certificate in Senior Management or Management lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya; and
- Proficiency in computer applications.
In addition, all prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya and attach the following documents to their applications:-
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission clearance Certificate (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority Tax compliance Certificate (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board clearance Certificate(HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
Method of Application
If you clearly believe that you to meet the criteria given above, please submit your sealed application letters with detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelop and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 30th July, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823-00100
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification