Bliss is a Joint Commission certified complex care management and delivery network. With our team of caregivers and network partners we bring single point care for patients living at home. We manage care transitions, care episodes and ensure care plan is 100% followed. Bliss manages entire care continuum ..from aging at home patients to Post Acute care treatment of chronic cases.
Reports To: Centre Manager (administratively) and Medical Superintendent (functionally)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Examining patients’ teeth and mouth.
- Assessing dental condition and needs of patients using patient screening and monitoring procedures.
- Analyzing x-rays and evaluate dental needs as necessary including medical history review and dental charting.
- Taking, developing and mounting radiographs as well as trace radiographs required for corrective treatment
- Undertaking general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and established dental hygienist procedures.
- Cleaning teeth using brushes, and polishers to remove plaque and stains ensuring that sterile conditions are maintained
- Filling-in cavities, rebuild broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and remove unnecessary or severely damaged teeth.
- Treat and help to prevent gum disease.
- Providing instructions on dental care and write prescriptions for patients
- Making impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts
- Documenting patient complete dental history and/or chief complaints and/or observations
- Documenting lab procedures and ensure follow up on results.
- Supervising staff and clinic processes
- Recommending and ensuring cost effective buying of equipment and supplies and maintain proper bookkeeping of the same.
- Keeping up-to-date with new developments within the profession maintaining patient dental records.
- Ensuring that established procedures are adhered to in order to maintain quality assurance in delivery of oral health services.
- Ensuring all procedures are correctly billed to capture revenue.
- Monitor adherence to the standardized hazardous and other waste disposal techniques.
- Actively participate in projects of quality healthcare such as CME’s, health talks, rational prescription audits, mortality audits, medical camps.
- Maintaining stock control procedures for the dental services to ensure accountability
- Prepare and submit reports on community oral health services and activities in a timely manner.
- Maintain Informed consent records.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Diploma in Community Oral Health
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a busy Hospital.
- BLS Certification
- Excellent communication skills - English and Kiswahili
- Wide knowledge of the health industry.
- Good Management Skills