Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK) is a family of Christian communions and organisations in fellowship and witness.
It was established in June 1913 during the United Missionary Conference held at Thogoto, near Nairobi. The delegates in the conference, representing the missionary institutions working in the country at the time, affirmed their...
Jumuia Hospitals Ltd., a chain of hospitals providing both primary and secondary health care services and a subsidiary of the National Council of Churches of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates, to fill the following position in their Hospitals.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To enhance and promote efficient and magnificent secure flora and digital security
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating and maintaining excellent relationship between the hospital and Government security agencies
- Define and implement the security policies & procedures for the premises. Revision of these policies and procedures, as and when required is important, to improve the security processes. Training of security team on these P&Ps and safety aspects on a regular basis.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment and the safety of patients, visitors, staffs and manage outsourced security provider and respond rapidly to security emergencies within the hospital.
- Conduct routine audit of the processes involved and improvement in the access control process, implementation of cost control measures related with the access control in the patient floors and other strategic areas of the premises.
- Perform regular occupational safety programs such as fire drills, child abduction, workplace violence, terrorism and loss prevention.
- Implement the P&P on the material control in the premises and gate passes to achieve effective control over the material movement, routine audits of follow up process with the concerned departments on routine basis, training of the security manning the time office to control material movement in and out of the premises.
- Carry out independent investigations into intended and actual breaches of security and taking comprehensive corrective action to mitigate the situation.
- Ensure that there are effective and efficient security systems to safeguard Hospital assets and resources.
- Participate in planning and coordinating security operations for specific events and participate in corporate risk management programs.
- Collecting and collating intelligent information on current trends of crime and related matters that may affect the smooth running of the Hospital, inform the management and recommend appropriate measures.
- Liaising with other operational areas within the hospital to ensure harmony, consistency, and quality, sufficient and timely services.
- To ensure planning, cost control and cost effective operations of the department.
- Liaising and maintaining regular contacts with Governmental security agencies.
- Formation of the post instructions, various security processes and routine audit, formation of the SOPs and training of the security on all the operational aspects, documentation of the training records, training of departmental trainers to improve the security operating standards.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the Hospital administrator from time to time.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in criminology and security studies
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Skills in risk management
- Skills in strategic and leadership management.
- Must be vigilant.
- Must be able to develop access and monitor policies.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and quick to take initiative
Relevant Job Experience
Must have worked in a similar position for at least three years.
Interested candidates should click here to download the NCCK Job Application Form. The Application Forms to be sent to email@example.com and received not later than 12.00 noon on 29th November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please note that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.