Tracom Services Ltd is a software development company. Our development house is run by local professionals with a wide skill set and this provides us with an unrivaled innovation platform that gives our customers and clients a vital edge in today’s highly competitive environments. Our goal is that of being an IT solutions provider with a specific mission of providing comprehensive, best of breed solutions to both private enterprises and the public sector in Africa and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafts corporate legal documents and prepares case notes for review by the company’s Lawyer
- Defines legal implications on business activities and services rendered by the company
- Prepares board meeting reports and other regulatory reports for review by the Board of Directors and filing
- Conducts research on relevant statutes, rulings and precedents to guide the company in responding to legal opinions.
- Acts as the custodian of company contracts and other legal documents ensuring that they updated and enforceable
- Provides useful inputs in contract management and the formulation of agreements with customers
- Assists in the review of corporate documents, corporate resolutions, and Service Level Agreements
- Supports communication with external parties on legal matters
- Maintains close liaison with external company lawyers
- Makes recommendations for the prompt resolution of legal issues in order to avoid litigation proceedings
- Attends court proceedings whenever required in liaison with external lawyers and relevant regulatory authorities as needed
- Assists in reviewing the company’s policies and procedures, corporate governance documents and files
- Oversees the implementation of company policies across all departments
- Works to ensure protection of intellectual property across all units of the organization
- Maintains all legal documentation within the department ensuring proper filing and completeness
- Prepares monthly compliance report and submits to the Board of Directors
- A bachelor’s degree in law from a recognized university;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate;
- At least three (3) years proven work experience in the legal field;
- Experience in litigation, legal drafting and legal research;
- Capacity to demonstrate strategic mind-set and innovation;
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment;
- Demonstrate ability to manage and lead high performing teams;
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant legislation and applicable standards;
- High level of integrity and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict timelines;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Possess problem solving skills;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
Are you looking for an environment that gives you an opportunity to take on the challenging technology world with enthusiasm? This opportunity is waiting for you at Tracom Services Ltd.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Send your application to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 10th December 2019. Quoting the ref number on the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.