PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Client Responsiveness Specialist is responsible for developing and delivering technical support plans, guidance and tools to achieve IRC’s strategic ambition of Client-Centred Programming. She/he works collaboratively with senior management in regions and country programmes to identify technical support and resource priorities to strengthen the capacity of country programme teams, identify staffing and budgeting approaches to institutionalize Client-Centered Programming and promote Client Responsiveness goals. The post holder contributes to building out new approaches and leading on some of the priority strategic workstreams. She/he will also contribute to the implementation of a two-year BHA funded project geared towards empowering front line staff to enable participation of crisis-affected people in the design and delivery of humanitarian assistance.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Client Responsiveness Specialist reports into the Director, Client Responsiveness and works closely with the other Client Responsiveness Technical Specialist(s) and a Project Manager in the Client Responsiveness Team and other colleagues from the Governance Technical Unit and across Technical Excellence, as well as the Emergency and Humanitarian Action Unit (EHAU).
Internally, the post holder works closely with senior management in Country Programmes and Regions, key staff in Technical Units and Strategic Initiatives, and the Measurement Unit.
Externally, the post holder seeks to develop relationships with peer agencies working on related thematic areas, with specialist think tanks and consultancies, and relevant network bodies.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
The Client Responsiveness Specialist has authority and responsibility for:
- Developing and delivering regional implementation plans for Client-Centered Programming.
- Providing technical support to country teams to institutionalize Client Centered Programming and advance IRC’s strategic priority in this area.
- Contributing to the implementation of a two-year BHA funded project to empower front-line staff to enable participation of crisis-affected people.
- Contributing to the further development of the resource kit, tools and trainings on Client Responsiveness / Client Centered Programming.
- Contributing to integrate Client Centered Programming into existing IRC’s business and decision-making processes.
- Coordinating and communicating internally to promote coherence between the Clients Ambition and the work of other units.
- Representing the IRC’s work and policy positions on Client Centered Programming and Accountability to Affected Populations amongst external stakeholders.
Provide technical support to Country Programmes to achieve S100 Client Ambition:
- Develop and implement technical support plans in coordination with Regional Measurement Advisors, in a manner that is responsive to demands from country teams and identified gaps in their knowledge and practice.
- Provide quality technical support on Client Responsiveness, support development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), country program level feedback plans, multi-sector satisfaction surveys, training and on-boarding of new and existing staff; budgeting and staffing approaches.
- Provide support to include client perspectives in Country Program Strategic Action Plans (SAP) and SAP – Implementation Plans.
Support the development and implementation of IRC Strategic Client Ambition
- Contribute to the implementation of the Clients Ambition phase 1 priorities, through supporting consultations across the organization, particularly country programme staff, and leading on the development of relevant approaches, tools and guidance for implementation at country program level.
- Proactively collaborate with other teams to ensure alignment of the approach with other broad organizational priorities, initiatives and work-streams for the country support.
- Contribute to further develop and disseminate the resource kit on Client Responsiveness and facilitate peer learning among countries and regions
- Collaborate with other units to promote coherence with and integrate Client Centered Programming in their own work
- Collect and share learning from country programs in the form of case studies, reports, briefing notes and blogs.
Support the implementation of the “Empower to Enable” (E2E) two-year project
- Provide technical support and oversight for the development and field testing of the Learning Report and the E2E Toolkit
- Ensure technical inputs for the development of the project’s product as well as convening and facilitating the Project Advisory Committee meetings
- Develop the content and support the facilitation of the Project Kick off meeting, the two Learning and Development Workshops and the Global and Regional Dialogue Events
- Provide technical support to the two country teams piloting the project’s product.
- Facilitate the dissemination of the products and learning generated through this project through AAP networks and national and international organizations.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to ensure timely high-quality deliverables on the project
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience designing, implementing and supporting client feedback mechanisms and working on Accountability to Affected Population within Humanitarian and/or Development programs
- A proven track record with at least 3 years of field-based experience working in developing, fragile and conflict affected countries
- Prior experience providing technical advisory support and trainings, remote and face to face
- Experience in working across sectors or disciplines
- Experience with data management, visualization and interpretation
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical, presentation, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated expertise in program design, monitoring and evaluation and program adaptation
- Experience in project management
- Ability to work within a team with a track record of collaborating across disciplines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Active listening skills and ability to work with colleagues from different cultures and contexts.
- Education: Master’s/post-graduate degree in public administration, public policy, political science, international development, economics, statistics or other relevant field.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English is required, working knowledge of Arabic, French or Spanish is strongly preferred.
Preferred experience & skills:
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, CommCare and PowerBI is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.