The role is anchored in the fraud strategy, working as part of a Global Fraud team to support SCI's Senior Leadership Team, Trustees and SC Members in discharging their responsibilities in promoting and embedding a zero-tolerance policy towards fraud, bribery and corruption.
The individual will work closely with the Global Counter Fraud Director to ensure the continued development and embedding of an efficient and effective counter fraud framework and culture in the region.
Accountable for coordinating fraud management activities across the Region including;
- To develop a culture of fraud awareness, reporting and response within the organization aligned with SCIs zero tolerance policy
- Deliver an effective strategy of fraud prevention, detection, investigation and recovery across the organization as a whole, within the Centre and across the SCI landscape in the East and Southern Africa region
- To undertake / or coordinate investigations of all serious incidents of fraud, bribery or corruption, which will include providing support to and building the capability of Fraud Focal Point staff in the Region.
- To act as functional manager to Fraud Focal Points in the Region.
- The role may require significant international travel including to challenging locations often with cultural sensitivities.
- In the event of a significant or major event, the post-holder maybe expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly. The post-holder may be required to get involved in special projects within the fraud function as appropriate.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor's degree / formal qualification in a relevant field; (Master's degree desirable)
- Has relevant experience (audit/risk/investigatory) applicable to the role with knowledge of common analytical tools.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to identify fraud risk areas in complex operational environments from both structured (financial systems) and unstructured data (conversations, investigation reports, complaints etc.);
- A proven experience in using data analytics tools in an audit/risk/investigatory setting to identify and address red flags;
- Awareness of global standards and legislation around fraud and corruption;
- Substantial experience in forensic investigation with thorough knowledge and/or experience in audit.
- Aware of current best practices in investigation techniques;
- Excellent communicator and facilitator, able to clearly and confidently articulate and present findings with impact;
- Strong negotiating skills to influence all levels of staff, showing ability to work collaboratively and with peers from different departments;
- Experience of working within an international development setting.,
- The ability to undertake occasional overseas travel;
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Commitment to Save the Children values; and
- The existing right to work in Kenya.
- Formal investigation qualification;
- Knowledge of regional law and regulatory environments;
- Previous experience of delivering training sessions /workshops;
- Membership of a professional anti-fraud body (CFE)
Contract duration: 24 months
Location: Save the Children operates in 12 Countries within the East and Southern Africa Region i.e. South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
This role will be based in any Country Office with SCI Presence under National Contract terms
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.