Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, a candidate: -
- Must be a qualified medical doctor with Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB/MBBS) degree from a recognized University.
- Must have Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Medicine, Pediatrics; Cardiothoracic Surgery; Dermatology; Public Health or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Must have Fifteen (15) years’ working experience 3 of which as Senior Medical Officer Scale 13 or its equivalent in a busy government or private medical institution;
- Must Be registered by the Kenya Medical and Dentists, Practitioners Board;
- Must have a current practicing license;
- Be ICT Competent;
- PhD Degree in a relevant area is an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Development), the Deputy Chief Medical Officer shall on the overall be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Medical Officer.
The Deputy Chief Medical Officer shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure sustained and effective relationships between the University Health Centre and the University Management;
- Ensure that the University Medical Centre operates in accordance with its vision, mission, plans and policies set by the Board, by overseeing quarterly Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E);
- Shall be the Head of the University Health Centre;
- Ensure prudent and economical resource management for the University Health Centre;
- Oversee, promote and maintain the culture of clinical research and training and ensure that the Hospital has sufficient infrastructure facilities to support it;
- Oversee, initiate, establish and maintain inter-institutional collaboration and strategic partnership with other relevant healthcare institutions in clinical referral, clinical research and training services in the region and beyond;
- Develop and foster effective collaboration among the Hospital’s departments, staff leadership, faculty and other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach to providing services, and fulfilling the clinical service delivery, research and training goals and objectives;
- Promote and ensure a culture of compliance with all established statutory and professional regulations and requirements, good governance principles and best practices in the health center;
- Oversee and ensure competitive compensation of human resources in order to attract and retain highly skilled individuals in the health Centre; and
- Work through the Management team and medical leadership of the clinic, serving as a resource to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, achieve effective utilization and quality goals and objectives, analyze and utilize information to develop and support management decisions.
Terms and Conditions
Successful candidates shall hold office on a contract period of Five (5) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance in accordance with the terms and conditions of service as approved by University Council from time to time. Tutorial Fellow position is on a One (1) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
Applicants must also submit the following current documents:
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau;
- Criminal Investigation Department - (Certificate of Good Conduct);
- Letters of recommendation from at least three persons’ familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character in general which should be sent to the address below by the application deadline.
- All applications should be clearly marked with the referenced number of the advertised position and submitted as follows:
- Six (6) hard Copies; and
Electronic scanned copies in PDF format (as one running document) to be sent to the following e-mail [email protected]
Applications must be submitted on or before FRIDAY, 30th July, 2021 and be addressed to:-
The Vice Chancellor, Kibabii University,
P.O. Box 1699 - 50200,
Kibabii University – Main Campus
Administration Registry, Third Floor Room ABA 308
Kibabii University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The University does not charge any fee for the whole recruitment and selection exercise.
Any form of canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
Only shortlisted candidates with be contacted.