Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
In our endeavour to transform leadership in Africa in the 21st Century, Strathmore Business School (SBS) has taken the responsibility of influencing leadership of public and private sectors in the continent. This we believe is our overarching mission at SBS; Service to Society through the development of international executive business management and leaders...
REPORTING TO: Director, Graduate Programs
JOB PURPOSE: Oversee Business Development activities, overall attainment of Academic Programs’ revenue targets, quality assurance and control, building and cultivating sustainable relationships with clients and participants during the program.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall Academic Programs revenue budget. This will involve writing proposals, following up on sales leads, referrals, new business opportunities and setting up meetings to deliver sales pitches.
- In charge of driving the marketing of Academic Programs and overseeing the development of marketing literature in liaison with the Head of Marketing and Communications.
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients.
- Conducting negotiations to determine contract terms and ensure profitable deals.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing and potential customers to ensure high level of client satisfaction.
- Processing needs of clients, to foster a close relationship with new prospects/customers in- order to understand their needs and meet their requirements accordingly.
- Ensuring timely response to tenders and expressions of interest and ensuring it is done on time and submissions are of high standard.
- Setting and enforcing customer service standards to ensure clients are satisfied with received services.
- Responsible for debt collection to ensure complete payment for services rendered.
- Meeting marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
Quality Assurance and Control:
- Responsible for quality control in the running of Academic Programs, ensuring that stipulated standards are met, in compliance with the University Policies & Procedures.
Team Leadership and supervision
- Responsible for the recruitment of Business Development personnel in the unit, monitoring of the unit’s targets, activity schedules and plans and for reporting.
- Provide leadership to the team and ensure that a positive work environment is maintained in line with Strathmore Values
Management and Client Reports:
- Responsible for the preparation and timely submission of high-quality management and client reports.
The post holder will be required to have and to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications, attributes, and skills:
- A Minimum of a master’s degree in a Business-related course.
- 5 – 7 years’ relevant working experience in a similar role.
- Experience in leading and managing teams.
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications to maintain databases, records, and basic business analytics.
- Good communication, Persuasion & Negotiation skills.
- Ability to translate ideas into solutions.
- Strong market knowledge, business orientation and industry expertise.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward an application letter together with a copy of your updated resume quoting ‘Head, Business Development – Graduate Programs’ to the People and Culture Manager, Strathmore University Business School, on email@example.com by end of the day (5.30pm) Friday, 8th December 2023.