Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization with nearly 2,500 people from over 74 nationalities working in over 40 countries. Our mission: Saving lives and improving the health of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partner...
How will you accomplish this?
As the STA RSS you will be expected to carry out the following:
- Develop technical and strategic content as part of the MTaPS’ RSS and communications teams’ efforts to capture, analyse and publicize the program’s technical activity implementation learnings, thought leadership, and project results.
- Provide management support and technical assistance for the design and implementation of country strategies for strengthening regulation of medical devices and other health technologies including the process for granting marketing authorization in line with International Best Practices.
- Play a lead writing role and will work closely with the RSS and communications teams and the broader technical staff on the program to develop knowledge products, articles, presentations, success stories, press releases, op-eds, articles, speeches and talking points, newsletters, website and social media content, and other communications and advocacy products.
- As a technical writer on the RSS team, be involved in review of content relating to building capacity and strengthening management systems for medical products regulatory activities including product registration, pharmacovigilance, inspection of pharmacies and distributors of medical products (medicines, vaccines, medical devices and In-Vitro diagnostics), and post-marketing surveillance.
The listed job responsibilities are not exhaustive. The STA RSS position is an opportunity to be both innovative and strategic in suggesting and implementing new methods to achieve the outcomes desired by our clients and needed by the people our projects aim to serve.
What do you need to apply?
MSH employs people of passion, we seek those individuals who dream of a better world. We look for professionals who combine experience, local knowledge, and an understanding of international best practices.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences, public health, biomedical engineering, or related discipline.
Preferred: Advanced degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Public Health, Health Technology, Communication, or health-related field.
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience in international public health, medicine, pharmacy, biomedical engineering with background in public health or related fields (Bachelor’s degree). Seven (7) years of relevant experience (Postgraduate degree).
- Relevant experience in the regulation of health technological products with a focus on medical devices registration, import/export control, and vigilance of the health technology product or equipment. Considerable experience in the development of standard technical specifications, manuals for medical devices, quality testing references, and assessment of technical files prior to listing.
- Significant experience in regulatory affairs, particularly medical products registration and pharmacovigilance desired. Significant experience in international public health with at least five years’ experience related to health systems strengthening, or pharmaceutical management, preferably in work funded by USAID.
- Experience in public Health programs in low- and middle-income countries in terms of providing technical assistance is desired.
- Experience in the development of training materials and, organizing and implementing training events. Experience and knowledge of the registration of medical products as well as work experience with a national regulatory authority. Experience in journalism, publishing, media relations, communications, or other related discipline.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A dynamic leader able to meet project goals, convey learnings, entice stakeholder engagement, and be an active contributor to overall project success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, training experience, ability to identify and resolve policy and operational constraints.
- Forward thinking, with demonstrated ability to develop creative and innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with senior government officials and other stakeholders.
- Fluency in English is required.