Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Limited was established in August 1997 to market and sell power plants and marine Engines in the Eastern Africa Region. (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Eritrea, Rwanda, Seychelles, Ethiopia, Burundi, Republic of Sudan and Republic of South Sudan). Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd is a member of the worldwide Wärtsil&a...
Read more about this company
We are now looking for a Mechanical Technician to join our Contract Delivery team in Athi River Nairobi, Kenya
Responsible for mechanical maintenance activities which involves engine maintenance, auxiliary equipment and general maintenance activities.
What will you be doing
- Responsible for mechanical maintenance of all plant equipment within planned time frames.
- Expertise in using tools, portable machine tools, workshop tools like grinder, drilling, welding etc.
- Ensure all plant equipment are healthy by providing quality maintenance.
- Inspect completed work to ensure that maintenance of machinery/equipment is completed correctly and that conforms to specifications and safety standards.
- Implement the maintenance procedures and working routines.
- Resources are used effectively and that work schedules, targets are met.
- Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts and tools, ensure those are maintained according to applicable guidelines and policies, and take corrective actions when needed.
- Assisting supervisor in problem solving and Root cause analysis for all plant equipment. Rectify mechanical faults under the guidance of Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist supervisor in preparing Maintenance Reports.
- Assist in Incidents reporting, analysis, investigations and action plans implementation.
- Assist in Spares/consumables/tools procurement planning.
- Suggest and implement improvements.
- Ensure plant performance targets and customer contractual obligations are achieved consistently in own responsibility area.
- Ensure that the work is executed at plant according to Wartsila and customer Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines.
- Responsible for effective implementation of permit to work, lockout & tag out systems order to protect personnel and equipment.
- Audits compliance & action plans implementation.
- Competent in emergency preparedness and take appropriate actions when needed.
- Responsible for good housekeeping and cleanliness of the all plant equipment.
- Maintaining good teamwork and inter personnel relationship within and another department personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining the machines and auxiliary equipment in good working.
You will shine in this role, when you have
- B.Sc / Diploma or in Engineering Mechanical Engineering or equivalent educational background.
- Several years of relevant industrial experience highly recommended O&M experience.
- An Advance level of English language.
- We are seeking for an expert professional with strong problem solving and decision-making skill.
- Perform all activities needed to reach the objectives of the position and comply with the orders, instructions, values, and company policies applicable as employee and/or the position.
- Continuously seek for solutions keeping a customer focus mindset.
- Understanding of Wärtsilä business, quality, and workplace safety is a plus.
Why you and us
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?