Medical Laboratory Technician (Human Anatomy) Scale 8 (1 POST) – AUC/AD/01/6/21
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Human Anatomy and Physiology academic staff in cadaver dissections;
- Assist in the organization and supervision of cadaver dissection team;
- Assist Human Anatomy and Physiology academic staff in teaching and grading duties for Human Anatomy and Physiology laboratory;
- Assist Human Pathology academic staff during post mortem sessions;
- Assist the committee responsible in the provision of Farewell Home services; and
- Maintain human anatomy laboratory.
- Must have previous experience working with cadavers including knowledge and techniques of embalming, preservation and preparation of bodies.
- Excellent fine motor skills.
- Ability to work well with others and on his/her own.
- Ability to teach and communicate effectively.
- High level of dependability and maturity; flexible and open to change
- Ability to handle confidential matters and to be professional.
- Must have knowledge of chemistry including the safe use and disposal of chemicals
- Must have knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Must have knowledge of hygiene and sanitary science
- Must have knowledge of techniques in restorative art
- Must be conversant with legal, ethical and regulatory aspects of the Funeral Home business
- Must have the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade one must have: –
- A Minimum of a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences;
- Those with a Higher National Diploma in Histology and Cytology will have an added advantage; and
- Must be registered with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
Applicants are required to submit ten (10) copies of their application documents. Each application should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, copy of National Identity Card, and other relevant supporting documents.
Applications should be addressed and sent to:
The Principal, Alupe University College
P.O. Box 845 – 50400
Dropped at Alupe University College Administration Registry at the new site on or before Monday 28th June, 2021 at 11.00 am. An electronic copy in PDF format MUST BE send to the following address: [email protected] Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission
- Current clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
- Current Certificate of Good Conduct
Alupe University College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, gender, and equality and therefore encourages qualified persons living with disabilities, women and those from marginalized areas to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvasing will result in automatic disqualification.
NOTE: Those submitting application documents MUST put on masks and adhere to the Ministry of Health (MOH)
Guidelines on containment of COVID 19.