Job Ref: TH/HRD/OB/02/2021
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Services, the Consultant-Obstetrics & Gynaecology job exists to provide specialized obstetrics and gynaecological services, coordinates obstetrics and gynaecological research and training at Tenwek Hospital.
The right candidate will be required to:
- Assist in the implementation of the hospital’s strategic plan in the obstetrics and gynaecology unit within the framework of the vision, mission and culture of the hospital and other national and international healthcare frameworks.
- Assist in the coordination and provision of specialized obstetrics and gynaecological services and services delivery in the obstetrics and gynaecology unit of the hospital ensuring that they meet the expected standards and compliance.
- Assist in coordinating obstetrics and gynaecological referral services within and without the hospital according to the obstetrics and gynaecological services needs in collaboration with other hospital sections and units and within the framework of the hospital and national referral policies.
- Assist in the supervision obstetrics and gynaecology staff together with their services, in obstetrics and gynaecology unit of the hospital to ensure that they offer timely services within the expected standards, complying with the established ethics and regulations.
- Assist in the coordination of continuous training and development of obstetrics and gynaecology staff for their effective and efficient performance and productivity.
- Assist in the coordination and provision of medical research and training within the obstetrics and gynaecology unit of the hospital
- Offer specialized obstetrics and gynaecological service advice to the CEO and other sections/units and the general public in the appropriate media.
- Work with other medical specialists to solve single or multiple medical issue(s)or perform extensive surgery, when required in the hospital.
- Monitor and evaluate progress and achievement of the obstetrics and gynaecology unit’s clinical referral, research and training programmes and prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution
- Master of Medicine in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from a recognized institution
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid Practice License.
- Professional Insurance indemnity cover.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, daytime telephone contact number, and the names, contact number, and addresses of three professional referees to:
The Human Resource Director,
P.O. Box 39 – 20400,
Applications should be sent directly to email@example.com by 19th March, 2021
Due to the volumes of applications. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing and all communications will be done through official line and email
NOTE: Hard Copy applications will not be accepted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification