Are you looking for a position with meaning? Want a job that has a positive impact? Consider Tushinde. We are searching for a senior leader to join our growing team of passionate and competent professionals working to support families and children in need.
Tushinde is a child-focused employer and committed to child protection and the protection of vulnerable adults. All candidates will be screened prior to employment and every candidate, regardless of post applied for, will be expected to understand and adhere to the principles of child protection.
- NGO operations for multi-donor funded project
- Financial management and accounting
- Project management
- Team management/supervisory skills
- MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) skills and impact assessment
- Human resources management
- Proposal writing and fundraising
- Strong time management skills and an ability to support team members to meet deadlines
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Understanding of child protection systems and urban poverty issues
- A passion for ensuring that every child can enjoy their basic rights.
- An ability to be flexible and adaptable in a young and growing organisation.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- The operations manager oversees the overall operations of Tushinde in Kenya.
- He/she assists the CEO in all logistical and non direct aspects of programme management.
- With the Board of Directors, Executive Director (ED) and CEO, assists in writing and implementing the long and short term strategic plans for Tushinde Kenya.
- Oversees the logistics and financial management of programme delivery including personnel, budgets and accounting, MEAL, and risk assessments.
- Updates or develops relevant policies and standards of practice and ensures the implementation and evaluation of such policies and standards.
- Oversees the finance department in the maintenance of accurate financial records, financial reporting, and budgeting.
- Liaises with the finance department to ensure compliance with all relevant Kenyan laws regarding revenue, staff taxation and benefits, reporting to the NGO Bureau, etc.
- Leads HR activities including hiring (developing job descriptions, postings, screening, interviewing), coordinating benefits, and terminations.
- Ensures all personnel files are kept up to date and supports the PM and CEO in timely completion of employment contracts, performance appraisals, and performance improvement plans (PIP), if required.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the offices including: ICT needs and office maintenance
- Provides or coordinates relevant training and follow-up support to staff as needed.
- Supports the CEO and ED with fundraising within Kenya and abroad.
- Facilitates the contribution to communication material such as newsletters and social media.
The Operations Manager will be appointed by the Board of Directors, Tushinde Kenya and will report to the CEO. This reporting will take the form of monthly written reports, monthly financial reporting, meetings in person and via video conferencing and email updates when needed.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 200,000 KES per month (gross); comprehensive health cover provided as a benefit
Please send your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website and social media pages for more details. The cover letter must specify your interest in working at Tushinde Children's Trust and your relevant skills and experience for this position.
Note: Generic cover letters or applications without cover letters will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.