Reporting to: Design Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning Manager
Grade Level: 16
Purpose of Position
Coordinate Planning, Monitoring and Information processes for evidence based Programming, accountability and learning while maintaining a comprehensive M&E system for World Vision Kenya.
Ensure that WVK Programmes/ Projects initiatives and operations are in full alignment and compliance with WVI and other international DME standards and guidelines.
Quality Assurance in the Programming Cycle (25 %)
- Ensure adherence to Programme quality Standards in TP designs and adaptation,
- Manage an M&E systems (Horizon that will generate timely information and feedback to all stakeholders.
- Lead Review of all Statutory reports (CWBR, National Office Annual Report, TPs and APs Semiannual, Annual and ensure that they are timely submitted and adhere to all applicable guidelines (LEAP)
- Lead National Level Data Quality Assessment visits to Area Programmes with Regional M&E Coordinators and conduct field visits for data validation,
- Review and ensure timely data entry into database and retrieval for analysis and compilation for quarterly and annual reporting and dissemination to stakeholders.
- Lead NO level monitoring and support visits to Regionals and Area Programmes
- Routinely verify progress results collated from local programming areas in the Horizon platform.
- Review quality and ensure timely completion of CESP and Technical Programmes Designs.
- Review quality and ensure timely submission of Annual Plans including Budgets, DIPs, ITTs and Area Programme Narratives
End Results Expected
- TP designs and AP plans meets LEAP (DME Programming standards),
- Functional M&E System
- 100% quality check on all statutory reports
- Evidence of data quality checks and field visit reports in place
- 100% data update in Horizon and M and E Online
- At least two monitoring visits conducted in a financial year.
- 100% data quality check in horizon platform
- High quality Programme designs (Meeting the programming) in place
- Timely and quality Annual plans submitted
Provide Technical Support in Planning, Monitoring and Data base management (30%)
- Lead the implementation, management of all partnership Programme related Management and Information systems e.g. Horizon
- Provide technical assistance to staff, in the implementation of the Programme management information systems in all program and projects within WVK
- In liaison with the DMEAL Manager – Strategy & Programme Effectiveness, lead the set-up of data management system based on the NO’s established M&E system, appropriate to the Programme.
- Support the Technical Programs specialists with data analysis for development of the NO Annual Child Well Being Target Report
- Support the development of monitoring tools and incorporate and incorporate methodologies of visualizing change
- Guide area programme teams to identify and resolve issues and challenges in monitoring systems, using a coaching approach
- Rigorously analysis, aggregate and synthesize monitoring and evaluation data to draw inferences at regional and national level.
- Disaggregate data using a range of relevant variables aligned to NO targets
- Support in collating monitoring data from across local programming areas to show progress towards the NO strategy and KPIs.
- Support mainstreaming of Accountability standards (PAF) in WVK programs and projects at all levels.
- Support the participatory review of Technical programmes logical flow and consistency within the hierarchy of objectives and assumptions.
- Support the standardisation and Contextualisation of indicators drawing on Area programmes community conversations as appropriate
- Support the Identification and contextualization methodologies for appropriate targets’ setting and measuring indicators using participatory methods where possible
- Work proactively with technical programme staff and stakeholder to develop detailed monitoring plan for the technical programme, ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities
- Support sustainability and Transition Planning with the inclusion of collaboratively developed sustainability and transition agreements with partners
End Results Expected
- Full Utilization of Horizon, M&E Online by all Programmes including grants
- 100% utilization of Horizon and M&E Online
- Data Management protocols in place
- Timely data analysis for all Programmes supported
- Monitoring tools for all TPs and grants in Place
- Coaching and mentorship in Monitoring systems provided
- Evidence of Variety of data analysis in reports (Annual monitoring reports, Baselines and Evaluations
- Evidence of data disaggregation in all reports
- Well updated KPIs in NO strategy balanced scorecard
- Evidence of PAF in all Programmes and standalone grant projects
- Quality log frames in place
- Detailed standard indicators sheet in place
- Realistic targets and measurements methodologies for outcome and output level indicators in place
- Comprehensive monitoring plans in place
- Area programs and standalone grand projects with relevant sustainability and transition strategies.
Capacity Building, 20%
- Lead capacity building for compliance and alignment to LEAP framework guidelines, principles and standards for WVK Programmes & Projects, especially with regards to the monitoring, reporting and accountability components.
- Lead capacity building for Horizon to ensure that staffs have adequate capacity to use the system
- Support local programming teams to set up and manage complaints and feedback mechanism.
- Support local programming teams identify bottlenecks in monitoring and implement strategies for addressing them
End Results Expected
- Staff with capacity to roll out and utilize Leap guidelines and standards
- Staff with adequate capacity in utilization of Horizon and M&E Online
- Functioning Complaints and feedback mechanisms in place
- Strategies of strengthening monitoring in place.
Strategic Engagement, 10%
- Represent the organization in relevant M&E technical working groups– (Directorate of M&E – Ministry of planning).
- Support and successfully engage WVK with key internal and external stakeholders, including other WVK entities, UN agencies, national and international research entities, government, church and other civil society representatives on issues related to planning, monitoring, and Data base management
Expected end results
- Evidence of membership/participation in M&E technical working groups
- Evidence of WVK publications presented to internal and external stakeholders
Resource Acquisition, 10%
Expected end results
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time.
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces
- Participate and lead devotions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Project Planning & Management, Social sciences, Statistics, Development Studies and other relevant field from a recognized University.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of WV working systems, policies and standards will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with regards to designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on projects;
- Extensive conceptual understanding of and demonstrated practical command for implementing program design, management and evaluation principals:
- Must have knowledge and practical experience in Research, organizational learning and documentation and have good writing and editing skills.
- Must have experience in building staff capacities and that of local institutions towards evidence based transformation change
- Must be results orientated leader who is able to handle a heavy workload as well as network with key policy and development actors in Kenya.
- Certification in DME Appropriate systems and software; SPSS, STATA, SAS, Epi Info, Ena for SMART, R, Windows Excel, among other Qualitative and quantitative analysis technics
- Certifications in monitoring, Evaluations, data analysis, Project Management and or in documentation/knowledge management, Programme Management for Development Professional (PMD Pro),