Nestlé Kenya Limited was established in 1967 and is wholly owned by the Nestlé Group.Nestlé Kenya plays a strategic role as part of the Nestlé Equatorial African Region. The Nairobi factory supplies products tothe local market, in addition to exporting to some EAC, COMESA and European markets.
Qualification: Relevant qualification
Experience: Experience working in both external tax consulting firm and in house tax function. Strong tax technical knowledge - direct and indirect tax,
With a history spanning over 150 years, Nestlé didn’t become the world’s leading food and beverages brand by chance. Perfection is at the heart of what we do and our people are always looking for the next big idea to cement our status. We are currently looking for a Regional Tax Manager.
The Tax Manager - ESAR heads the Tax Management department under, Finance & Control and is the custodian of all tax matters of the Nestle group of companies in ESAR region. He/She provides both short- and long-term strategic direction and objectives as well as general support to the core business to maximize tax efficiency and effectiveness in its operations and is responsible for the overall management of all aspect of direct and indirect taxes.
A day in the life of...
A Tax Manager
TAX STRATEGY & PRIORITIES, TAX CONTROL & REPORTING
- Set the Market tax priorities and OMP, together with the CFO and Zone Tax, consistent with the Group Tax Strategy and OMP, set by Group Head of Tax
- Ensure a strong tax compliance effectiveness and culture is fully embedded across Market F&C and the business.
- Protect shareholder value by improving business driven tax efficiency through legitimate and sustainable tax planning available, such as incentives and benefits (e.g. factory tax incentives, R&D claims), VAT / Customs Duties cost and cash improvement, tax receivables reduction, etc.,
- Ensure accurate and timely Market and Group Tax Control & Reporting, including application of all Group Tax Policies, Guidelines and Best Practices
- Ensure the correct internal and statutory accounting and reporting for tax.
- Ensure indirect and direct tax compliance with all reporting and payment deadlines with all local tax authorities (including ensuring timely refund of tax debt owed by tax authorities)
- Manage proactively all audits by tax authorities across all taxes, as well as other controversies (court litigations, tax treaty dispute resolution, advance rulings etc.), in open and timely collaboration with Zone and Group Tax
TRANFER PRICING & TAX RISK MANAGEMENT
- Apply, with effective visibility and controls, all Group Transfer Pricing policies and guidelines
- Ensure transactions are correctly documented on an arms-length basis consistent with OECD standards and other TP requirements imposed by local tax authorities
- Manage and mitigate proactively all Market Tax risks, in line with Group Tax Risk profile and the "Nestlé Group Tax Management Principles & Strategy
What will make you successful
- Excellent business acumen and finance (including accounting and treasury) knowledge
- Experienced in managing relationships and in engaging / advocating with tax and government authorities
- Strong tax technical knowledge - direct and indirect tax
- Ability to engage with senior management and in translating tax into business terms
- Experiences working in both external tax consulting firm and in-house tax function