Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Dalberg is committed to global development and innovation, and offers a variety of advisory services across the international development sector. Comprised of Dalberg Global Development Advisors, D. Capital & Dalberg Research, our platform provides high-level strategic, policy and investment advice to the leadership of key institutions, corporations and ...
You are deeply passionate about all things social media and giving shape to new ideas, while also helping them take hold and inspire action. Well-versed in both business and cultural conversations, you are also familiar with the international development and social impact sectors and a voracious consumer of news media.
In parallel, you have a proven track record of growing social media following and spearheading initiatives that lead to greater audience engagement and overall interest, in line with organizational social media strategies and goals. You are a global thinker and collaborator with a keen eye for design, excellent short- and long-form writing skills, able to comfortably switch between quick, punchy social media posts and longer, explanatory pieces.
Sound judgment, commitment, persistence, and optimism define the way you approach your work, along with a deep curiosity about what makes ideas spread. You thrive in pilot mode, with an inherent desire to prototype and iterate until an effective solution is reached.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Dalberg is searching for an experienced social media manager with a minimum of 5 years of social media experience. This person is a digitally-focused, creative problem solver who is able to work strategically across Dalberg’s social media platforms and deploy best-in-class content daily, while also being committed to long-term vision and growth metrics.
This person will develop and manage Dalberg’s day-to-day social media presence, while also tracking analytics and emerging social media technology in order to suggest ways to optimize. Ideal candidates have experience managing social media for service-oriented organizations or brands, and can easily pivot between strategy and execution.
A keen eye for social media writing and editing, strong design sensibility, and the ability to deftly manage all of the details in between are critical to the success and growth path for this social media-focused role.
Social Media Experience
- 5 years of social media management and content creation experience
- Experience identifying, sourcing, writing, editing, and publishing nuanced, on-brand content across social media channels (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram) for service-oriented organizations or brands
- Experience regularly reporting on analytics across all social media channels and suggesting ways to optimize and grow
- Community management experience (e.g. social media engagement and listening)
- Demonstrated ability to grow social media following and create engaging, multi-format campaigns, with the ability to identify and reach relevant or new audiences in meaningful ways
- Deep experience with social media scheduling (Hootsuite) and content management (Airtable) tools
- Experience developing and managing partner- and client-ready social media toolkits
- Experience developing and managing paid ad campaigns on social media platforms
- Experience creating design briefs for social media assets (graphics, GIFs, video, Instagram or LinkedIn stories), selecting on-brand visual assets for social (e.g. from internal photo databases, Shuttersock, Unsplash) and managing in-house or external design resources
- Experience with design tools such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, or Figma preferred
- Deep knowledge of social media trends and a thirst for emerging social media technology
- Strong written and editorial skills across multiple formats, including impeccable English grammar and editing skills, and a sharp editorial eye
- Familiarity with issues in the international development and social impact sectors
- Demonstrates professionalism, sound judgement, and strong alignment with Dalberg’s mission
- Experience and confidence interacting with senior stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, with the ability to work independently under tight deadlines
Experience in the Social Impact and/or International Development Sector
- Demonstrated passion for development-related issues, including economic development, public health, education, and environmental topics
- Acute sensitivity to the evolving political and cultural environment of international public agencies and other complex organizations
- Awareness of news cycles related to the development space
- Experience in both startups and larger organizations, as well as agency and in-house roles
- Experience living and working in different cultures (time spent in developing countries strongly preferred)
- Multiple language skills (In addition to English mastery, French and/or Spanish proficiency also preferred)
- Serve as the day-to-day lead for Dalberg’s social media channels, including sourcing input and content ideas for posts across multiple channels and then developing compelling, ready-to-publish on-brand copy
- Support the development and refinement of Dalberg’s social media strategy in collaboration with senior Dalberg leaders
- Manage social media-focused partnerships with key clients and organizations, including the coordination of social media campaigns and development of social media toolkits
- Identify and develop visuals and graphics for social media posts in close collaboration with in-house and external graphic designers
- Community management (e.g. engagement and social listening)
- Analytics reporting as part of daily, weekly, and monthly workflow
- Work in close collaboration with the global comms editorial team and a network of select contractors