Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
MTN Group, formerly M-Cell, is a South Africa-based multinational mobile telecommunications company, operating in many African, European and Asian countries. Its head office is in Johannesburg.
We will count on you to produce marketing collaterals, impressive corporate presentations, office corporate deco design, external website and cool merchandising. Graphic Design will cover the entire process of defining requirements, visualising and creating graphics including illustrations, icons, layouts and photos. You will shape the visual aspects of websites, magazines, events, exhibitions and more.
You will be working very closely with the Marketing Content Manager, Marketing Brand Manager and Marketing Events Manager as well as Corporate Affairs Functions to deliver an outstanding, consistent marketing materials that consistently deliver and position the brand identity on the market. Making it one of the most recognizable brands on the market.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities/outputs of the position (KPA's):
The role is responsible for the creation and management of the design standards, best practices, and a unified brand look and feel across all company communications.
- Create, maintain, and manage a depository of corporate Marcom graphic files, including presentation templates, logos, photos and artworks. Ensure the whole organization uses a consistent set of corporate communications templates and materials aligned to the brand. Maintain collateral archives.
Marketing Collateral Creation:
- Create branded and custom marketing materials including but not limited to brochures, flyers, newsletters, emails and social & online media graphics, logos, branding, tradeshow and sales events collaterals, product brochures, sales sheets, advertisements, publications, landing pages, web graphics as well as marketing materials.
- Conceptualize, design, produce and edit visually compelling corporate strategy, investor, and sales slide presentations.
- Translate written work into a creative presentation format.
- Edit and polish presentations created by others.
- Design/illustrate visually compelling infographics and icons.
- Design print and digital communications using Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft apps.
- Test graphics across various media.
- Design multipage documents for print and screen.
- Design and manage the company website, coordinating all 3rd party vendors.
- Creating digital or physical mock-ups of new merchandising. Work with the 3rd party vendors to produce merchandise for corporate and sales events.
- Manage the marketing budget for Marcom projects: the production and the stock of collaterals, including brochures ads, posters, banners, newsletters, flyers, invitations, branded merchandise.
Office Corporate Branding design:
- Own interior design project management for the current and newly added company offices.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies):
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or a related field is a must unless proven by an exceptional work portfolio
- Web design, photography, and video editing
- Fluent in English
- At least 3-5 years of graphic design, web design, presentation creation, photography, and video editing experience
- Working in Telecom or IT industry is preferable
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies.
- Worked in an African market or industry serving Africa.
- Expert ability to translate business objectives and requirements in appropriate Marcom materials within brand identity, VoT, and positioning.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in using MarTech, such as graphic design tools, video production, and editing tools, WordPress.
- Strong knowledge of design fundamentals, layout, typography, and web specifications.
- Expert-level experience designing slide presentations.
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills.
- Knowledge of web design; experience with HTML, CSS, and JavaScipt preferred.
- Expert-level experience with multipage print documents.
- Demonstrated photo and video editing and production skills.
- Ability to coordinate, communicate and adhere to deadlines/schedules Ability to manage creative and production vendors.
- Ability to manage project budget.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.